Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was hot as all hell; it seems when my engine has been running for 20 mins+, the tps voltage at light throttle jumps around....today was the first day this has done it, then again, i have not driven my car this long all summer lol

when i say light throttle, i mean less than 5-10%; it'll jump around and hit 0%, even tho im giving it gas, then jump up...really all over the place....but once over 10%+, it's fine...

Could it be the heat? i drove it home from the gym tonight and it was fine. 15 minute trip, but its considerably cooler than it was at high noon.... i am going to swap one out for another to see what haps.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it's got a couple- it's got a correction for 4 seperate voltage points that are infinitely selectable, you pick a correction multiplier; it's also got the same thing, but a timing correction, based on selectable voltage points of the TPS.

i am gonna swap out the tps, because i think that fact that it's been sticking at light throttle, and me maybe pulling the gas pedal a bit to get it to stop when it does it has some how screwed up the pot in the TPS. I adjusted the tension on the cable, and it's perfect, no longer sticks...its just jumping when hot tho...

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
builthatch said:
yeah, it's got a couple- it's got a correction for 4 seperate voltage points that are infinitely selectable, you pick a correction multiplier; it's also got the same thing, but a timing correction, based on selectable voltage points of the TPS.

i am gonna swap out the tps, because i think that fact that it's been sticking at light throttle, and me maybe pulling the gas pedal a bit to get it to stop when it does it has some how screwed up the pot in the TPS. I adjusted the tension on the cable, and it's perfect, no longer sticks...its just jumping when hot tho...
Hmm...GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep us updated

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
civic4ges said:
Hmm...GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep us updated
the other day i noticed that the voltage at closed throtte was .470-.475....

so, tonight i adjusted it, while hot, so that the slightest touch of the pedal/ throttle rotor showed on the percentage, and idle/ closed throttle is now at .520

interestingly enough, i drove the car around for 20 mins or so and it acted fine. also, the Power FC idle stability is now catching with the AC and lights on...something that it was not doing for some time since i adjusted the throttle cable tension the other day in my initial investigation regarding the jumping voltage (i messed with tension because i noticed, when hot, it would stick at times, anywhere from .05 percent to 6 percent, and i'd have to pull back under the pedal to take the tension off) so, when i adjusted the tension so there was no added tension pulling the rotor and cracking the t-plate at idle when hot, i noticed the idle stability feature, which pulls/ adds timing to keep idle at set points with varions loads, was not kicking on with electrical load + AC on...

now it is. so, we will see. it was raining tonight and significantly cooler than the other day when it was acting funny, so i still need to run it for 20mins+ during a hot spell to see what the real deal is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts