Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Just saw the re-run last night. But you can't really say the Toy was that great cuz it obviously had a BIG tuning issue...they even tried new plugs and that didn't help. If that Toy though had been prefect, it would have owned that Stang.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
You can't say the cressida was laying the smackdown....there was only one clean run.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
and just how many honda's have failed on pinks....?
This is the first time I've watched "Pinks"...so I couldn't answer that. In all fairness to ford, the mustang isn't a bad vehicle at all. I've driven one, and aside to it feeling like I was driving a truck, it wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
This is the first time I've watched "Pinks"...so I couldn't answer that. In all fairness to ford, the mustang isn't a bad vehicle at all. I've driven one, and aside to it feeling like I was driving a truck, it wasn't bad at all.
You obviously haven't driven many trucks. this honda is my first real compact car. other than my 98 GMC, my 86 Chev and the 83 GMC Jimmy, i only had an 88 caprice as a car. my cavalier doesn't count and was a POS anyway. driving a mustang is nothing like driving a truck. your just too used to driving a small car.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
You obviously haven't driven many trucks. this honda is my first real compact car. other than my 98 GMC, my 86 Chev and the 83 GMC Jimmy, i only had an 88 caprice as a car. my cavalier doesn't count and was a POS anyway. driving a mustang is nothing like driving a truck. your just too used to driving a small car.
I've driven tons of trucks. Last summer I drove a F150 every day of the world almost all day. I've driven big trucks, little trucks, medium trucks, you name it. I'm used to driving compact cars...and I used that as a comparative exaggeration. Hearing the V8 fire up was quite different that hear my little wind-up Honda start.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad ride at all. Definitely all the power I would ever want. Technically the mustangs handle about the same as Honda's do.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
Pretty fricken sweet, those cressidas come stock with the 2je supra engine scary fast shit.
depends on the year, some came with the 5m motor which gets swapped for a 7m non/turbo variant, a 1jz, or a 2jz non/turbo variant

i dont recall any having the 2jz motor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Agreed, it wasn't really laying the smack down. I do think the Cressida is an overlooked platform, lots of potential in them, just not the styling most people are looking for.

As for Fords, I can't stand them. I've worked on too many of them, and hate Ford's logic on anything. I have to go through a whole damn socket rail to get something off of it, or the wonderful radios, that even with the tool, sometimes you have to tilt your head, stick your tongue out and say the correct cuss words to get out.

I do like SOME Mustangs, but I refer to them as Mustangs, not Ford Mustangs. IMO the only Mustangs that could get away with 6 cylinders were the old Mustangs. Any newer v6 Mustang, I give Ford credit for it. The V8s I actually kind of like, especially the new ones and the OLD ones.

To be fair, I have seen my share of Hondas breaking down racing, rather it down a strip or going in a circle. I have seen several at a local cirlce track, but I was the only one that never blew a motor, hell the first season I ran an engine with blown rings for the whole season and that motor still runs to this day, just smokes a lot, lol. My last Honda I built for there, did only make 3 races, until I got tired of replacing axles because they kept separating on me, but I could easily get it back out there with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
depends on the year, some came with the 5m motor which gets swapped for a 7m non/turbo variant, a 1jz, or a 2jz non/turbo variant

i dont recall any having the 2jz motor.
You are correct, I had an old cressida it had the 5m ... the cressida was discontinued before the the advent of the jz series of motors IIRC, although I believe some of them did get the 7mge. I remember doing a little bit of research regarding cressidas a while back.

Yay for imports ... reliability>power.

All the power in the world won't help you if you can't get it to the ground.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts