Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my dream car this morning! Laugh if ya want. Ive been looking for this car for years lol

1 owner, 140k EX coupe, 5-speed (obviously). Nothing special, dosent even run good. At this point, I think it needs a head gasket.

Plans are: rebuild the D16A6 sitting on my motor stand at work.

Top end:
Ive got a ported B7 head, Super Tech springs, sponsored Rocket Stg 3 A6 cam, Skunk2 Intake, 60mm tb. And just got sponsored a Nitrous Express port set-up.
Gonna clay the motor and shave the head per.

Bottom end:
A6, bored to 75.5mm, PG6b pistons, LS rods, ARP rod bolts, IHJ crank scraper, brand new OEM Z6 oil pump ported. Going to open the main bearings to match crank, and going to chamfer the crank.

Trans:
Rebuild my spare EX trans, and install my GearX 4.9fd. And Action 2ms clutch.

Gonna run my M&H 22inch slicks at the track. And wait for the dif to explode. Waiting to find a sponsor for a LSD (hint hint)

Goal is to get the comp ratio between 11.5-12 to 1, spray 80-100hp n2o and go very quickly in the 1/8th mile. With a/c and ps lol Thats the basics.

This is rounding out my trio of toys, including my bonkers 94 del Sol si and 99 NB Miata, pics avail on request lol Miata is for sale btw... very strong and super clean.

Time for pics

[[URL=http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/justmysol/media/1002151801a_zpsj8vb7xqb.jpg.html]/URL]

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
That is a strange looking SC plate lol. Nice jump off point for sure.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a solid platform to start from. Body looks pretty clean.

That is a strange looking SC plate lol. Nice jump off point for sure.
Its JDM yo! Thanks guys. More pics and such coming soon.

Broke down the short block today. Scored the A6 block with steel girdle.
Mains on the crank are beautiful. Rod journals are nasty tho. Tonight Im gonna learn how to polish crank journals.... Ive got a roll of 240 grit emery cloth and a huge Bridgeport lathe.

Hoping it is just bearing material bedded/stuck on there. However, 1 journal is black, 2 are blue, and the other def has bearing material piled up on it.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Does it have a y8 in it now?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
He was cracking a joke sailor. Like cracking vtec on one side, it wasn't quick, but efficient.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Waiting on engine parts from the machine shop. Looking for a new crank.

No progress on the project, but took some pics of my sexy ass MX-5...

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
That is quite the exhaust, is there some build info around?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is quite the exhaust, is there some build info around?
Isis Racing Circuit Spec 2.5 inch with 4 inch tip(!), with Racing Beat 4-1 header.
One of these days I'll scoop up a Miata! Might even do a used 4th gen and keep it a while.
Its for sale!

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had some time to clean up and tinker with the coupe. Tore down the old A6 I been meaning to do something with.

Did a major tune-up, including cleaning all the usual gounds and battery terminals. Car now runs like a top, cept the speedo and temp guage on the dash. They currently are inoperable.

Got some PG6b's with coated skirts, and some other goodies going in there. Also using LS rods, they are in the machine shop atm.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some more pics of goodies.

Rocket Motorsports custom A6 cam, "slightly" wider lobes... and alot more lift!
310cc inj's, 4 port Dyno Tune nitrous set-up.
Also a bling'd out fuel rail.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I see pro-gression, good stuff.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna drop the block and pistons off at the machine shop when I get home from vacation.
Got some transmission goodies, gonna build 2 trans while the bottom end is getting 'machined'.

In the mean time, here is my whale penis and air box/dam (del Sol Si). Made out of a real estate sign lol sheets of aluminium are expensive....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts