Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rsx
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to my machine shop and the guy doing my machine work talked me into total seal rings.... i was just curious if any of you guys have used these or had known any one that has... :fingersx:

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
Um total seal rings is a brand VERY popular in dragracing. I have to ask tho, i dont know if they make them for our motors, but did he suggest you get gapless rings?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Total Seal rings have been around for many years now. Good product and the company has an excellent reputation.
If they make rings for Hondas I would certainly look into them.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
^hm didnt know that, must go read lol. I know total seals are great for race motors (specialy alcohol) dont know if it will be good for DD

·
Registered
91 Firebird Formula
233 Posts
Yeah I haven't heard of them in the hondas.
I'd be worried about them (if they actually are out there for the D) actually working well at all.

Its true though they've been around for awhile and in the world of racing they're a big name.

·
Registered
rsx
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it was late I was reading on them and was tired... He ( the machinist) has installed them on 4g63 motors and a few other brands (4 cylinders) and on a lot of v8 motors.. He said the hold boost well are reliable and can take the punishment..

And you do have to gone the block different.. And I would be running the gapless rings and he would install the rings for me and I would just Finish up assembly..

I was going to run around 25 psi on a d16z6 so that's what he recommended

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Use a set of JE Pro Seal rings instead :

$100 for a set for my SRPs, but I NEVER burnt oil or had excessive blow-by on my turbo Z6 build. Fresh 20 over bore and fresh hone of course.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Hastings rings have been put to the test over and over and over again with vitaras. I have used them twice (three times if you count the longblock sitting on the engine stand right now) with no issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts