Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at peoples post but never really got the answers to the questions about my car going turbo

ok here is what i have

97 civic DX hatch with about 110,000 miles
-bolt on's I/H/E

i need some power and thinking of going with a v-tec head and tranny and keeping it natural but i keep on looking at peoples setups and makes me wanna go that route

the only thing is i do alot of driving with my car and i average about 1000 miles in 1-2 week period

what all do i need to check before i even start looking for a turbo for my car i mean is there anything i should do like build up the engine in the inside a little or will the stock block be able to handle a turbo good enough and keep it reliable?

should i go with a kit or just make my own from scratch?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A stock block will be fine as long as you do regular matinence on it (oil changes, spark plugs, filters, etc...) Have you changed the timing belt and water pump yet? I would do that if you haven't.

If you decide to go turbo then I would look into chipping your ECU and getting it tuned with wideband o2. This will make your car very reliable and pretty safe to boost on. I am boosting 10 psi daily on my stock Z6 and it's my daily driver. I wouldn't think twice about long road trips on this thing. I have put 1800 miles on it so far and I have been boosted about 2 months. I beat the living shit out of it too.

I suggest reading around the forum and just doing some research and learn before you do anything though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beerbongskickass said:
I wouldn't think twice about long road trips on this thing. I have put 1800 miles on it so far and I have been boosted about 2 months. I beat the living shit out of it too.
yeah i drive alot to canada and around town even
put alot of miles on my car since ive had it and there is plenty more to come.............only like like 30 min from the border so thats y i drive there alot and i have alot of friends and family there

i need a good long lasting setup but still dont know what to go with or even if i should go turbo since i drive alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts