Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:???: Im changing out my clutch and when I got to the pressure plate I was surprised by 8 bolts I can not ID. Could some one please tell me when size these are. I tried every metric socket there is and I cant find a torx to fit either. ( it in a 92 civic w/D15B7)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. Im really confused here could someone please assist in this please?Even in the repair manual (chiltons) it doesnt say anyhting about these mystery bolts.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Sorry guys its 12 point 10mm socket :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
^correct. instead of using the hex-socket(6 sided) use the star looking 12 pt ones for this. if you dont have a 12 sided socket, use a box end wrench. most of them are 12pt.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
9000_red said:
10, 12, 1/2, 7/16... whatever, just do it! :)
LMAO okkkkk

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
4drlx said:
Awsome thanks guys. And thanks for doing the point and laugh thing other sites do.
Acually we dont do that here, we weve those people out quickly ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hay sorry for reactivating this thread but, thanks again for the help with id'ing the bolts. I got it in with little trouble, I did it alone except for my helpful 3year old daughter :) Now I just need to wait for the 500 mile breakin to go away.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You dont need too go 500 miles :) That is horseshit. I broke my new clutch in @ track along w/ all the cars I have raced :)

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
9000_red said:
heat cycles?
LIKE you know when you hit madddd VTAKKKK YEAAAA! lol That is heat cycles :)
Running car 3 times and Full temp w/ a little bang .

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
that's it? get up to temp, and run her full throttle? i can do that! haha

yeah, i don't think i've ever broken in a clutch properly, i just try to take it easy for the first 500, maybe i'll just do a few easy pulls to redline w/ no hard shifts and see if that mates her up good. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts