Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
looks cool....any more info.... what did you make it out of? Does it make an appreciable difference mounted on the front of the engine as opposed to the top like the ones I have seen for the B's? Nice work.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Nice job. How did you make it, what did you use??? How do you like it? Does it significantly reduce counter-torque? MORE INFO!

kommon_sense said:
considering you have it going from the engine to the engine mount, doesn't look like it is going to do anything. You would need to have it going from the engine to the chassis to be effective.
Kommon_sense, I'm gonna have to fight you again. :razz:
His torque brace is mounted to the cross-bolt on the engine mount. The bolt does not have any room to move because of the eyelets on the chassis-mounted bracket. If it were, on the other hand, attached to the motor mount itself you'd be right.

-ic

·
Registered
CRX
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
icarusdown said:
His torque brace is mounted to the cross-bolt on the engine mount. The bolt does not have any room to move because of the eyelets on the chassis-mounted bracket.
It does work 100% as planned, there is almost 0 deflection at full throttle load as witnessed on a dynojet. Before the device was installed the motor would deflect quite severely under full throttle load. It was fabricated to place the load in the exact "pull" direction of the torque force under load directly to the subframe that before tended to rock the engine "backward" in its mounts.

icarusdown said:
Nice job. How did you make it, what did you use??? How do you like it? Does it significantly reduce counter-torque? MORE INFO!
It is used on a competition only SCCA prepped EP car. I dont think it would be very comfortable for everyday use as almost every engine vibration is now transmitted into the chassis...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah, I didn't figure it was a street mod. They make the motormounts out of rubber for a reason.
Still, you should post a parts list and how-to. There are quite a few AutoX freaks on here. Someone might be able to design one that has a 'quick release' of sorts so that the car could be easily switched for street or track use? It looks like yours might already be capable of quick release. (At least on the motor side of the brace). Just a thought.
Rep points for you.

-ic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts