Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of Torque specs for FJ R SPEC Connecting Rods with ARP rod bolts before i assemble my block. Do i use the torque specs in the Haynes manual or is there a specific was to torque these with a different amount of torque. here is a link to the rods. http://fjdistributors.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=269 if any one can give me some help before tonight before i assemble my block it would be helpful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they didn't come with directirons from arp notthing in the box so no im lost two peopple telling me to use stock and two telling me to use arps recommendations but i dont know what that is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So just called arp told them i have ARP 2000 3/8 rod bolts. The guy said 50ft lb with ARP lube and to do it 3 times torque it to 50 ft lb and back it off and the torque it again to 50 ft lb and back it off and the torque it again to 50 ft lbs and leave it. They werve very helpful and easy to get a hold of.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Torque specs are determined by required clamping force, which is based on the material properties and dimensions of the fastener.

Check the outside of the box for the specs, and if they aren't there, you might want to call them and ask. As stated, check the website too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts