Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it posible to get 200 + Ft/lbs torque out of my d16z6 running less then 5 lbs of boost or no boost at all.. bc my friend is gonna drop an Ls in his 91 hatch and i watn to be able to spank his ass bc he is the shit and well he isnt ... wat can i do to get that much toprque with very small boost or no boost at all if possible ..

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
only with lots of n20 if you don't go turbo. If you do go turbo, you'll def need more than 5 psi.

·
Registered
600 Posts
you'll need about 10-12psi to achieve that depending on many things like build, turbo size, etc. 5 psi isn't going to do.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I almost cracked 200 ft-lb at the wheels at 15 psi from a greddy kit... would have made 250ish hp if the boost held to redline.
But yea, look at dyno charts from N2O D16Z6's... Since nitrous if introduced into the intake at a constant rate, you get more nitrous per combustion event at lower RPMs, thus a massive torque spike when the nitrous comes on - it falls off relatively quickly as the RPMs rise but you get a ton of instant power down low. A 50 shot dry kit might get you close to 200 ft-lb at the crank.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
A 50-75 dry shot should get you in position to romp on an LS.

Don't forget to retard the timing and tighten plug gap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts