Honda D Series Forum banner

I have the 2 cars... what do i do?? (read the post)

• Rock the VP

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Ressurect old blue

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Go back to sleep

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal. i have my 2k4 civic vp coupe... all it has performance wise is an aem short ram. then you have my 97 civic dx sedan which only has its rs-r exmag exhaust, obx header, and cheap-o "high flow cat" (glorified resonator)... i am debating over whether i want to save and get the dezod turbo kit and some suspension goodies for my vp or if i want to begin construction of a new d-motor for my dx and just use the vp as a reliable daily driver. oh yeah or i could do nothing and still have some cash to take my girl out on the weekends and just wait untill i can sell the vp and get myself something with more then 100 hp. maybe rwd or awd. i dont know. whatever so what do you guys think??

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
Being different is cool. :) dx IS more bang for the buck, BUT w/dezod's kit near completion, it'll be the best for d17. (SF=iffy customer serv. & fuel system probs) Keep VP, get dezod turbo, you 5spd? Look for A2 head, (nice flow,cheap). Guts? Most internals companies (arias,CP,JE etc) make d17 pistons/rods, just not mass produced. Your Car Has Potential, its just entirely harder to mod but is coming along & IMO a better looking car as well. :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i say, rock the vp, and use the dx as a reliable car. also take your time with the vp, and do as much as possible at one time. anyways, with whatever you decide, good luck with.

P.S. sleep is always a good decision.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
keep your warranty.. fix up the DX

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol you guys are the best the 7thgencivic board is so bland compared to d-series.... anyway i've given it a lot of thought and once again i have returned past my bedtime to update you guys... after driving old blue around for a few days while my girl borrowed the vp (her fantastic elantra broke down... again...) i have come to the following decision. the vp, while in most cases an excellent commuting car suffers from some pretty bad handling characteristics. the body roll is very significant and i think it will benefit from some eibach prokit springs and either progress or eibach roll bars. my boy blue on the other hand, is in desperate need of some fully adjustable coilovers/sway bars/strut bars, a built d15b vtec, and a quality turbo kit. thank you guys for your input... b20vtec... thank you for incurring a slap to my skull when i checked the post at my girls house (i laughed kinda hard and she was wondering what i was reading) but yeah anyway i think that the older gen civics def have more potential anyway... plus the fact that i dropped 800 into the exhaust alone a week before i got the new car and havent driven it since (who knew) thanks again dudes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i would work on the DX

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
russianwonder32 said:
damn.. a turbo 7th gen would have been nice though....
the 7th gen is nice....

theSQad127 said:
yout spent 800 bucks on an exhaust and dont even drive the bitch ???
which is why i dont drive the old one lol.... the new one is ok i just hate the way it handles... mcpherson struts are gay... and there is a serious shortage of aftermarket parts... although i think before work begins on old blue im gonna do some suspension work on the vp just cuz its so damn sloppy on the highway.... i do a solid 75-80 all the way home from school (where i live thats the flow of traffic) and the thing feels like its gonna blow right off the road sometimes i cant stand it. the old civ had a much more positive feeling to it. and something about blue made it want to kick the back out when you took a turn hard... still cant figure that out. but whatever... new is nice but faster is better so we'll just see what happens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am running a 2K4 Honda Civic EX with a few mods. I have a K&N cold air intake and a slightly modified exhaust. I have only put little bit of money into this car but i have big plans for it. I am looking at a turbo kit for my little D17A2 to try to improve my 1/4 mile time. I have only run a 16.6 in it with me driving and a 16.5 with my buddy "thegsrinthepictures" driving the car. I am happy with it now but I want into the 14's. What do you all think, go for the turbo or wait for some more aftermarket products to come out and do it naturally asperated?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts