Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the car is a 98 and I just never have really cared much for the front end so I did a conversion. Its the 99-00 front end. Picked up the front bumper, and fenders from www.partstrain.com. Headlights came from ebay. Grill, lip and hood came from www.streetstyler.com. Heres a few pics of the progress.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well guys, Im bringing this thread back to life. I was on my way to work this mornin and just didnt like the way my baby was runnin. Shes my DD so if this motor goes, then Im screwed, SO the turbo build and finally back up and going. I did some research and Im going to the place this afternoon to talk about my plans.

Engine Rebuilders Inc
7315 Gadsden Highway
Trussville, AL 35173-1647
Phone: (205) 655-3777
Business Types: Machine Shops

I finally got the block and Ive torn it apart. Im about to put it in some HOT water with some degreaser to try and clean it up.

Did a lil work on the civ yesterday. Pulled the backseats and cleaned out the rear and painted.

Heres a few pics of the gut.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok guys, maybe this will make yall a little more excited haha.

Heres some pics after cleaned up. This is gonna be the 350whp motor!!!!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for an update, i made it to the machine shop. They ball parked the block work and assemble for around 1500. So now it looks like 1500 for motor then mabye 1500 for turbo.....

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
so how much engine building you planning on? i know you're going for 350whp, so i would imagine a good bit of upgrading

warning: shitty attempt to stop thread jacking and get back on topic shown above

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yearly Update

so how about a yearly update...this so called.."idea" has been going on and off for over a year now. Now that Im about to have my money issues in order this thread is once again coming back to life. New parts have been ordered and some should hopefully be rolling in next week.

The updated parts list:

Greddy Type RS BOV (hooked up from Tory)

FMIC and piping (hooked up from Tory)

RC 440s (hooked up from Levi)

P06 w/ vtec (hooked up from Jim)

Pics will be in next post.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to pick up a Si front tower bar, and another silver 99-00 fogless bumper this afternoon when I leave work. The bumper isnt perfect but in dang good shape and Im getting both the bar and bumper for 80 bucks woot!!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
One thing that wasn't listed in the engine build list was shimming and porting of the oil pump...what's your plan on that? Wish you luck on your build!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was actually reading up on cervans thread when he did work on his. Im not sure just yet. I know the flow rate SUCKS on a stock. The z6 will not mount on the y8 block will it? More then likely i will try to port it for more flow, im just not sure on the whole pressure thing yet.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The oil pressure gauge is up and running, has been for a while. While with a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge. I have the oil pump water pump and other stuff that came with the block but i think im gonna just get a new oem one. Ill practice the porting on the old one :TU:

Ok time for some pics. I picked up the bar and bumper and grabbed a crappy pic of the Greddy RS. I do have a question on the bar though. I looks larger in diameter now that ive looked at it closer and im wondering if its a GSR bar. There is a gap on the actual bay and the bar itself and the holes marked on the bay and closer together then the ones on the bar. I looked closer on the pass. side and it looks like my upper control arm has hit the bay and causes it to push upward and makes the bar sit funny. I guess that what I get for having a slammed civi haha. Ok well let me know on what yall think. Oh btw...the first thing i need to go do to the bumper if take of the GAY TYPE R logo...

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Time for a lil update. Going outside to pull the bumper. Didnt get a chance to do it yesterday since I spent 4 hour in the sun workin in the daggum yard!!!!

Pics of the rear sway and set up

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pics yay

Check out Anna's Mustang!!!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well did a lil work today. I got out the VC I got from Tory and cleaned it up and painted it, but I hate the color blue it ended up being. I was looking for something darker, but at least it looks better then what was on there.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Intercooler and piping should be here sooooooooon :td:

Was able to get the ES inserts in lastnite, not too bad of an install.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
updates....went to the local track sat nite just to see how the stock y8 ran. I was able to pull a 10.3 and a 2.4 60ft. I was very proud of the lil sohc when they was a guy in a gsr hatch who just could not drive his car because he was gettin 10.6s all nite haha. Anywho, heres a couple of shots I took yesterday when i got bored and yes i know it needs washing but woot for number 47.

It was really too bright outside to get any really nice shots, but oh well.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATES

finally got some parts in...

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well today I plan on trying to do a mach-up of how the intercooler is going to be installed. Gonna mark and cut all the piping so it will be ready to run when needed. Im going to go ahead and order a RS flange and get it welded in the proper place as well go ahead and try to weld up some other pieces so I dont have to worry about having couplers everywhere. :TU:

A pic Misty took while I was helping Tory wrench

1 - 20 of 347 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.