Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this intake manifold from eBay. It says in description that it is a direct fit replacement. It says it will work with any D-series engines and will work with all factory sensors. Has anyone had any experience with this or a similar manifold? Will this work or will I need more? Will post pics of Intake Manifold. I have a D15B Block and a D16Y7 bottom.
Shorts Product Human body Font Thigh
Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive wheel system
Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Audio equipment Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
214 Posts
It says in description that it is a direct fit replacement. It says it will work with any D-series engines and will work with all factory sensors. Has anyone had any experience with this or a similar manifold?
Never heard of em. It looks like a Skunk2 knockoff (I think?).
I have a D15B Block and a D16Y7 bottom.
Uhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that is what it reminds me of now looking at for instance a y8 manifold you have two nipples on the front. One top, one bottom. These are side by side. Maybe if I follow instructions similar to that of the skunk 2 it will make it easier to figure out.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,256 Posts
Hope they got the chinesium out of it so that it will fit right. A batch of these copies came out one time that had uneven mating surfaces at the head, and the water neck portion for the heater hose always seemed to pop out. They need JB weld or other epoxy type glue to hold them in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought I commented on this, did it get deleted ?
Any how
Took some measurements today
My y8 intake has been slightly opened up just to port match and smooth it out. Although I didn't port into the runners.
Both runners on either Intake are about the same size.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Rim
Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Bicycle part Wrench

This is one is ^ further in so that's the size of the runner. They are about the same stock for stock.
My y8 is .166 because I opened them up a little bit.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bumper Bicycle part
Crankset Bicycle part Tool Groupset Bumper

·
Registered
32 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Test fit on the EK
Seems like it will work.
The throttle body will be pretty close to the fuel filter. So I'll see how that goes.
Also cut my head .060 so I had to shave a hair off a spot on the intake because it was hitting the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts