Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i came home the other night with the car topless. and didnt think to put my top back on. and woke up to the end of what i was told was a pretty intense storm. so now my car is soaked... i i pulled my interior out cleaned everything. got all the water out, pulled the insulation of the carpeting. febrezed everything. got some damprid and put it under my seats. and the car still smells like mildew nastyness. any ideas? :3dtard:

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Drive around with the windows down everywhere you go, park it in a dry place under a cover with the windows open, and put a dehumidifier in it at night.

I learned this lesson the hard way in my Miata many years ago.

NEVER leave your car setting with the roof off. NEVER!!!!!

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drive around with the windows down everywhere you go, park it in a dry place under a cover with the windows open, and put a dehumidifier in it at night.

I learned this lesson the hard way in my Miata many years ago.

NEVER leave your car setting with the roof off. NEVER!!!!!
thanks man. i guess im gonna have to find a dehumidifier somewhere. and i dont really have any cover at my house. but i could throw a tarp on it. what kind of dehumidifier do you suggest?

·
Registered
Honda civic 1998
3 Posts
If you don't use can all the time wash the whole interior of the car and leave it in the attic of your house obsiouly take it all out and leave for a week or clean it really good leave car running on hot heater and at the evening leave window half way down or yeah dehumidifier

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't use can all the time wash the whole interior of the car and leave it in the attic of your house obsiouly take it all out and leave for a week or clean it really good leave car running on hot heater and at the evening leave window half way down or yeah dehumidifier
its my dd so i need the interior in there. ive got damprid little pouches under the seat and ive heard of people doing that and it does a good job. but i probably need to give it more time. me and my buddy pulled everything out of the car. shopvacced the carpet and floor boards got all the water out and just sit everything in the sun. if it doesnt get any better when i go up to the mountains in a week me and spoonsol are probably gonna do it again

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
its my dd so i need the interior in there. ive got damprid little pouches under the seat and ive heard of people doing that and it does a good job. but i probably need to give it more time. me and my buddy pulled everything out of the car. shopvacced the carpet and floor boards got all the water out and just sit everything in the sun. if it doesnt get any better when i go up to the mountains in a week me and spoonsol are probably gonna do it again
A Del Sol interior strip takes me 10 minutes, minus dash and seats. We can gut everything, dry it, and re-install Monday when we're out there.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
thanks man. i guess im gonna have to find a dehumidifier somewhere. and i dont really have any cover at my house. but i could throw a tarp on it. what kind of dehumidifier do you suggest?
A cheap one, check craigslist.

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
febreze the inside till the smell goes away. But your lucky on the rain. We have been in 100+ drought weather.
were not having a drought (obviously) but weve been between 95-110 for the past 2 or 3 months.

A Del Sol interior strip takes me 10 minutes, minus dash and seats. We can gut everything, dry it, and re-install Monday when we're out there.
sounds good. it took me about an hour to pull everything out. seats, bins, center console, pull the carpet up. im sure by the time im up there though itll be dry. me and tristan are thinking of going topless for the trip. (if weather permits.) and its slowly getting better. its only stank if the tops on and windows are up.

A cheap one, check craigslist.
thanks man. ill check it out

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
pull the drain plugs out of both floor boards and run without them for a few days, but avoid puddles.

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pull the drain plugs out of both floor boards and run without them for a few days, but avoid puddles.
any idea where these drain plugs are?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Drain holes are covered by "rubber" chalking crap from the factory.

I'd recommend pulling the carpet and drive it w/o it for a while. See if that helps with the smell. If not, your seats will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
del sol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys... so far im going with the. febreze, damprid, topless during the day, and scent trees. see if i can just air it out enough for the smell to go away. last time i pulled a carpet out cause it smelt bad. it never went back in. and im trying to keep this car as clean as possible. my 2 integras were gutted and its kinda nice having interior. (and the girls tend to love it more :p)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts