Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would post up a few pics of my manifold as ive never seen one on any of you cars. when fitted the turbo is mounted high up in the bay and tucked in nicely behind the rad.
I got it from a company in Australia called monsta performance.

let me guys know what you think

·
Registered
629 Posts
wtf is the point of that?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as posted in my 1st post it is from australia and when fitted the turbo sits just behind the radiator

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a mini ram is the only turbo manifold you see over here in the uk and i dont really like the look of a log so i went for this

·
Registered
629 Posts
a mini ram is the only turbo manifold you see over here in the uk and i dont really like the look of a log so i went for this
not to be a dick or anything, but don't you think there is a reason for that? it's a tried and true manifold design. for some reason that mani that you posted looks like it is going to crack after a while...too much leverage on the flange, and it positions the turbo far away from the motor.

anyhow, be sure to let us know how it works out after you complete the project.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the pics make it look bigger than it is. from flange face to flange face it measures only 14cm which gives it much shorter runners than many other turbo manifolds on the market

yeah i thought about the extra strain on the welds with the turbo sticking out from the engine rather than dropping down along-side so i will be adding a brace or two before fitting

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I dont see it being a problem if your car is equipped with the smaller radiator

·
Registered
629 Posts
the pics make it look bigger than it is. from flange face to flange face it measures only 14cm which gives it much shorter runners than many other turbo manifolds on the market

yeah i thought about the extra strain on the welds with the turbo sticking out from the engine rather than dropping down along-side so i will be adding a brace or two before fitting
be sure to let us know how much power you make :TU: you have my curiousity :lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yep fits fine my car is fitted with a rad from a rover 216 gti these were fitted with honda d series engines upto 95 its a bigger rad, same thickness but it is as wide as the civic rad and air con together

·
Registered
822 Posts
I like this design... but not that exact mani. As CSAddict said, looks chinese made. If someone were to custom make this, I'd buy it, but not for a D-Series.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like this design... but not that exact mani. As CSAddict said, looks chinese made. If someone were to custom make this, I'd buy it, but not for a D-Series.
i agree, it looks almost like ssauto or something. i doubt its stainless, but whatevah.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats bullshit because I shipped a ram horn to the UK 3 months ago!
common sense will tell you i cant say for every single turbo-d in the uk but almost all that you see are mini rams, that is why i chose somthing a bit different.

you guys are so fukin aggressive in your replies and for no reason

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks like SSAC? i wont tell you my views and thoughts on them
then why havent i ever seen one of these designs before surely if it was ssac it would already be on a number of cars

ive had the weld quality checked and have been told it has been made very well it has also been welded on the inside of the runners to for extra strength and then smothed out

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
the easiest thing to do is to bolt it up, run it for a while, see how well it performs, and post back and let everyone know. To be honest, it looks like cheaply made ssauto to me, but i dont really know too much about the process involved in making a mani that will last, not crack and flow well. Run it and let us know what YOU think. It doesnt really matter what we think because youve already got the manifold. If you wanted to know what we thought for real, you would have asked before you bought it, but it looks like everyone would have said to go with the miniram instead. Different is good in some cases, but not when it comes to a tried and true method of airflow through the manifold. But let us know how it works so this new looking manifold can be considered tried and true or tried and junk...........

post pics of it on your motor as well, i would like to see exactly how it fits in the engine bay with the angle that it mounts the turbo.

good luck with it and keep us posted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts