Honda D Series Forum banner
481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
92 Civic Si
2,542 Posts
Just picked these up for 5 bills. Im liking it alot. Just keep an eye open on Cl, and look for some good Blk Fri deals. I really liked Kobalts boxes from Lowes. Very reasonable prices

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
My brother and I were checking this tool cabinet yesterday at Home Depot, this was the same cabinet that last year after the Black Friday sale was down to $299. Keep your eyes open after the Holidays, some retailers in order to make space for incoming merchandise will let go items like this for cheap if they haven't sold yet.

Husky 41 in. 16-Drawer Tool Chest and Rolling Tool Cabinet Set, Black-HOTC4116B1QES - The Home Depot

Another good deal going on at Depot is this Milwaukee M12 FUEL set, I got my M12 Fuel Impact alone for almost the same price so you are getting another M12 Fuel power tool and a better battery for free.

Milwaukee M12 FUEL 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Hammer Drill/Driver and Impact Combo Kit-2597-22 - The Home Depot

·
Asshole
4,119 Posts
I really wanted to pick up one of the M18 fuel impacts but not for $300 on sale. Does the 1/4" 12v have the power for larger bolts?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wouldn't... not the classic series triple bay at least. I have the two bay classic 78 as it is called. I bought t for 50% off when I was in school along with my stainless top. But when I get another box (this ones full) it'll be a Snap On triple, but with the least amount of those stupid side drawers. In my opinion the side drawers are useless, I'd rather have two sets of full width drawers. The Classic series aren't as deep as well. I really like the Macsimizer boxes too.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Almost bought an M18 Fuel 1/2" impact this weekend, but talked myself out of it since I do have air at the house now.

Bought some of these in hopes that one day I will have space to work on my damn truck.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
I really wanted to pick up one of the M18 fuel impacts but not for $300 on sale. Does the 1/4" 12v have the power for larger bolts?
Don't know how I missed this one, large bolt? I used mine to remove suspension bolts from a Honda Civic at the U pull yard.
I believed they might have been 14mm and maybe 17mm But would I do that all the time with the M12 Fuel? Not really, thats why I have my snap on one. I just did it because it was under warranty and I wanted to push the limits of the little sucker.
The weakest link will be the 1/4 adapter anyway. The link that I posted for the price it can be beat, you get two M12 Fuel tools for the price of one. Believed me, they are small but they pack a punch.

Who can advise good set of screwdrivers? I’m thinking to purchase it for my father on Christmas.
You should try to get one of those screw driver bit kits, I have mine for years now and it has every bit you can think off, comes very handy when working on cars since you literally have a whole set in a set.

If you want a screw driver set instead, try harbor freight, can't go wrong, they have a big set that seems to be very comfy on the hand and the price was pretty good.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
When it comes to screw drivers, IMHO, its worth spending a bit extra for a diamond tipped set of strike through drivers. No cheap shit.
How much we talking here?

I have a bit set that has a lot of them, different shape and size, I have a few Craftsman magnet screwdriver holder "the black one that came in almost all kits" I take that one alone with my little case of tips and believed me anything from tail lights, to the one that looks like a start with a whole in the middle, you name it this kit has it. I only take a few big screw drivers that I only ended up using for leverage.

481 - 491 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.