Honda D Series Forum banner
321 - 340 of 491 Posts

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
So this can't be use on a civic at all or you prefer to use a wrench/crescent? I not only work on civic so i will get it just in case.
Or use crows feet which work even better. But open the end wrench has never failed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
any affordable cordless impact wrenches?
i looked up harbor freights - terrible couldnt take wheel lugs off
no way man. Not for impact wrenches lol.

If you're going to use it for work n your garage use, I say invest in a good one. If just for your garage use, I mid range piece will work fine.

Good shit I'd go with Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact wrench. I had a Makita 1/2" impact wrench. Shit was bad fucken ass! Lasted a good while til the batteries didn't charge anymore.

a good impact wrench would be from craftsman. They come with brushes but they hold pretty good.

another option but first a question to you is, does it need to be a good 1/2" ?
If it's to disassemble engines and removes screws, bolts n nuts from your car, a good little impact driver will do the trick. Dewalt is good shit. Milwaukee also. I have both of them and the power is very impressive.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
The one I use at work is a 3/8" dewalt 20v with 4ah batteries. Tried the 2ah battery, but it just doesnt give enough punch for a 3/8" set-up. Maybe the 1/2" might work with the 20v2ah battery, but its heavier. Since I have to wrench for work, 10 hr shift, I try to run the lightest tools I can for the work.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
my garage is soooooo flippin dirty....I used to spend 20-30 min after wrench to put thing where they go....long story short the last time I did that was a year ago.....I need to clean it baaaaaaad

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
no way man. Not for impact wrenches lol.

If you're going to use it for work n your garage use, I say invest in a good one. If just for your garage use, I mid range piece will work fine.

Good shit I'd go with Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact wrench. I had a Makita 1/2" impact wrench. Shit was bad fucken ass! Lasted a good while til the batteries didn't charge anymore.

a good impact wrench would be from craftsman. They come with brushes but they hold pretty good.

another option but first a question to you is, does it need to be a good 1/2" ?
If it's to disassemble engines and removes screws, bolts n nuts from your car, a good little impact driver will do the trick. Dewalt is good shit. Milwaukee also. I have both of them and the power is very impressive.
i want it mainly for removing stubborn bolts crank pulley, suspension, and lug nuts etc

what midrange prices anyway?

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
my garage is soooooo flippin dirty....I used to spend 20-30 min after wrench to put thing where they go....long story short the last time I did that was a year ago.....I need to clean it baaaaaaad
Show me a picture. I got into woodworking so my garage stuff has been collecting saw dust like crazy! Lol
now that I have the weekends completely free I'm starting to sort all kinds of shit.

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
i want it mainly for removing stubborn bolts crank pulley, suspension, and lug nuts etc

I suggest looking into getting yourself a good air compressor (if you do not have one) and getting a 1/2" air impact then. I have a 1/2" ingersol rand impact wrench and that sucker helps me with all of that.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
beer bottles everywhere, powerade, pop cups, dirty rags, tools, packaging from shit I bought....work benches are covered completely, shelve disorganized, wheels and tires stacked up, two extra sets of seats in the way, the brake setup I just removed from the car...uhg...it goes on

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
beer bottles everywhere, powerade, pop cups, dirty rags, tools, packaging from shit I bought....work benches are covered completely, shelve disorganized, wheels and tires stacked up, two extra sets of seats in the way, the brake setup I just removed from the car...uhg...it goes on
I was like that y0 when I was mad busy. I built a couple of shelves and man that's helped me a lot!

You also need to get yourself a couple of trash bins lol

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I was like that y0 when I was mad busy. I built a couple of shelves and man that's helped me a lot!

You also need to get yourself a couple of trash bins lol
yeah I need trash bin, that would help soooooo much....little things ya know...lol

I set my garage up so nice and had tons of workspace and plenty of room, but when things are not where they belong it gets bad quick

im sure I have a good weekend worth of work to get it back where I need it

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a snap on 3/8 electric impact at work and its mean! it takes wheels off cars, but failed at taking the crank pulley bolt off my y8, but the battery wasnt at full charge. I have a matco 3/8 electric impact that i use at home, it was replaced by the snap-on gun for work duty. I sent the batteries out to be rebuilt a few months ago and its like a new gun.

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
I have a snap on 3/8 electric impact at work and its mean! it takes wheels off cars, but failed at taking the crank pulley bolt off my y8, but the battery wasnt at full charge. I have a matco 3/8 electric impact that i use at home, it was replaced by the snap-on gun for work duty. I sent the batteries out to be rebuilt a few months ago and its like a new gun.
how did it run you for those?

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
yeah I need trash bin, that would help soooooo much....little things ya know...lol

I set my garage up so nice and had tons of workspace and plenty of room, but when things are not where they belong it gets bad quick

im sure I have a good weekend worth of work to get it back where I need it
I'll get a pic of my garage so you can see how I have all of the misc. I had laying around everywhere!
A simple shelf of 2x3 or 2x4 will help a bunch!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Ive been using harbor freight impact for the lest decade. cost me about 60 bucks I think, will take axle nuts crank pulley bolts and lug nuts off with ease.
ohh and ever since I've owned it Ive never lubricated it.

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Ive been using harbor freight impact for the lest decade. cost me about 60 bucks I think, will take axle nuts crank pulley bolts and lug nuts off with ease.
ohh and ever since I've owned it Ive never lubricated it.
The reviews on it are hit and miss i was kinda scared to bite the bullet. Is your air or electric

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
321 - 340 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.