Honda D Series Forum banner
261 - 280 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
just bought this bad boy :TU:
Nice buy. Those hydraulic pumps are so wonderful for so many things.

Damn some of you guys have a lot of random tools. Most of which arent even in MY work tool box. This should tell you something, if your only using the tools for working on honda/acuras. Well assuming you know where I work.... Oh look, a big old blue H sign out front.

Maybe I will post a few pics of the tools occupying my tool box.
While not my personal tools, I'll get some pics of some of our shop tools for working on the locomotives. Some interesting looking stuff.

And then there's the meggar ;)

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
998 Posts
hey

i got a ryobi 1/2" cordless impact for christmas.

i would like to get a set of deep impact sockets for it.

would like standard and metric. prolly a set from like 8-19mm and the sae equivalent.

im not wanting to spend money on huge brands like snap on. i think 600 bucks for sockets is crazy.

my dad has a good set of matco ones but they are like 350 or so.

im would like to not spend more then 200 per set if possible. you guys have any recommendations?

what do you guys use?

thanks.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Harbor Freight...

Life time warranty as well...

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
998 Posts
you thing harbor freight (Pittsburgh tool) will hold up fine?

also i know i wont need a driver for a bolt that small i just threw out a number really. might as well have the range. use the sockets on just a ratchet and stuff not just for impacts.

also how do you feel about grey pneumatics?

ive read good things. just wondering if there is any advantage with them over the harbor fright other then the fact it doesnt skip some of the sizes?

it fits in my price range just wondering if you guys have any experience with them.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRB5W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0SA9AQX961ZD5M1FYDPV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
yup... Harbor Freight sells junk as well as good quality tools...
all the hand tools are lifetime warranty which makes even the lesser quality tools good to go...

only real problem i have had with the sockets, the swivel impacts dont like big breaker bars lol but hey, just take it back and they give you a replacement :TU:

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
hey

i got a ryobi 1/2" cordless impact for christmas.

i would like to get a set of deep impact sockets for it.

would like standard and metric. prolly a set from like 8-19mm and the sae equivalent.

im not wanting to spend money on huge brands like snap on. i think 600 bucks for sockets is crazy.

my dad has a good set of matco ones but they are like 350 or so.

im would like to not spend more then 200 per set if possible. you guys have any recommendations?

what do you guys use?

thanks.
Harbor freight black ones come on a little rack type thing they work perfect

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
$50: Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"
$22: 13 Piece 1/2" Drive Metric Deep Wall Impact Socket Set
$14: 7 Piece Impact Socket Adapter Set
$10: 4 Piece 1/2 in. Drive Impact Extension Set
$8: 2 Piece Universal Impact Joint Set

Even if you dont get them on sale that is barely over $100 for a whole electric impact gun setup that works great. Every backyard mechanic should have this setup. Even if you have a compressor, its still nice to just whip out the electric gun without rolling out the air. I cant believe how fricking useful that thing is, anytime I think about my previous experiences with axlenuts and breaker bars I kick myself for not getting it YEARS ago.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
^^^ great for junkyard trips :TU:

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
Resurrection time- found this little goodie today and am considering getting one. Always love adding a new tool to the box, but $27 + s&h may keep it from happening until I absolutely have to bleed something again!
Anyone actually used one of these yet?

Bleed wrench
Mini Bleeder, 10mm

Combines wrench and bleeder valve into one convenient and compact tool
Fits most 10 mm bleeder nipples
Bleeds brake systems and hydraulic clutch systems
Internal check valve for fast easy bleeding
Anodized billet aluminum handle with chromoly steel body
Compact size for tight spaces
High quality internal seal
Multi position handle

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
that wouldn't be to hard to make...

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
That bleeder wrench is pretty slick. If they offered a set with different sized sockets, I would be more inclined to add it to the tool collection.

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
How many different sized bleeder valves do you have? They offer an 8mm, 10mm, 11mm and a 3/8" unit, but the price is the same for each. I expect part of the design is the way they seal inside on the valve, so just swapping sockets wouldn't be the best approach... use it once or twice on a large valve, then it won't seal on the smaller ones; at least that's the way I see it. They would really need to give a good break on the price for a set, as $104 + s&h for the set is out of my league. I'd be much more likely to pick up one if it fit everything I owned, but I would need at least three of the four to do all of the different vehicles I presently have sitting around. :(

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·

Sad update, went to the U-pull yard and don't know how I was stupid to not notice that I left my Baby Milwaukee M12 on the car that I was working on. By the time I notice which was the next day, I went the next day and it was nowhere to be found. Had good memories with it specially my 8 year old girl help me put my turbo set up together with it. Had high hopes of having this tool for many years (I get very attach to my tools) Hope to get another one in the future for sure. :-(

261 - 280 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.