Honda D Series Forum banner

241 - 260 of 491 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
ah yes, I added a shelf up on top too :biggrin:
That helps a ton for over head storage also!
I gotta do this.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
How about go post some pictures of what you've done to your hatch.

Reactions: Pata

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Who would like to see me post how to build a nice big shelf for storage so you guys can see how it gets done for cheap?
Me.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Is this is your personal garage in your house, is good idea. I'm renting my garage and I keep all my stuff lock in the toll chest, would love to set up the whole wall with a peg board and put as many as the tools that I used regularly in there but I'm afraid somebody will break in and steal all my stuff. If there are inside the tool box it would be harder for them to take it. I probably will do a peg board anyway and put out a few tools.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Is this is your personal garage in your house, is good idea. I'm renting my garage and I keep all my stuff lock in the toll chest, would love to set up the whole wall with a peg board and put as many as the tools that I used regularly in there but I'm afraid somebody will break in and steal all my stuff. If there are inside the tool box it would be harder for them to take it. I probably will do a peg board anyway and put out a few tools.
I rent this place so anything I do to make the garage to how I need it so I can work and feel comfortable, I'll yank out if and when I get another place. Or when I get my own pad. Of course having your Own house with a Mad garage is one of the greatest dreams to come true but while that's in the wishing well, you can have a nice set up in a small garage or in a place you rent. No biggie. Just make it portable or mobile.

So for example in your case Boricua, if you really really want a peg board but afraid of some tools being taken from the hooks, make a peg board cabinet....

maybe something super simple to make and cheap like this...

or even better, something like this one for mostly everything.
This one is teh shet y0

best part is you can take it with you when you jam :yes:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
If I had wood working tools to make something like this, I would..

Or I guess a trip to harbor freight to grab a saw would also do it..
But thats badass and can roll to your next place when u move.

Wish I woulda nade one of these back in shop class years ago!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
just bought this bad boy :TU:

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I have some ghetto tools I made from years ago that I still use every once and a while.

^here's my camera mount for my cars. Just a plain PVC pipe with 2 holes and a 10mm bolt. The 2 holes on the left go through the headrest and the 10mm is for the camera. Ghetto but it works! No vibration or anything like that too. I usually attach it to passenger seat.

Here are some vids I took with it.
http://youtu.be/MFQ3-wLezCg

http://youtu.be/QzqoNr0V810

^Here's my vtec engangement tool. The fitting on the left goes into the check port in the LMA holder. I push compressed air into the other side with a regulator. I used this to check my valve lash when I installed a crower stg. 3 a long time ago.

^Here's my crank pulley holder. I use this with a plumber's wrench to either tighten or loosen the crank pulley by hand. Now I just borrow my friend's 3/4 impact, works much faster.

I gotta clean up my garage before I start posting pics, I got an old school project in there too that my father and I wish to restore.

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
This is in line with your tools- I found a site that is an archive of ideas and how-to articles for making or modifying tools. Some of it is crap, but some of the ideas are pretty good. Check it out if you have the desire (and time)! I got a kick out of the Tig filler rod feeder in the Miscellaneous category! :punk:

Home Made Tools

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Is amazing the stuff you can find at a good pawn shop,the one by me has so many good hand tools and power tools.

·
Registered
My car
65 Posts
Man do I miss having a garage. But, I guess having a key to the shop I work at is almost as good. If only it were attached to my house instead of twenty minutes away.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Anybody has an update on tools/garage? After black Friday and with Christmas around the corner I know some of you guys have some new toys.

At home Depot I saw the big tool chest that I missed last year but didn't see the price on it, waiting to see how much it goes for. And by the way for those of you interested on the Milwaukee 12V impact driver that I got, by careful where you try to buy it since I just check on Home Depot and also in Lowe's and they don't have the latest model "FUEL" that I have, I guess they are trying to get rid of the old model.

Need to get myself a a Snap On charger for my impact tool, I have seen them for $100 but that's a bit high for just a charger, trying to see if I can get lucky for one used for around $20-40.

·
Registered
129 Posts
At sear bought those socket set from craftsman that hoe through bolts. 5somthin set for $50:) need to find air tools tho

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Damn some of you guys have a lot of random tools. Most of which arent even in MY work tool box. This should tell you something, if your only using the tools for working on honda/acuras. Well assuming you know where I work.... Oh look, a big old blue H sign out front.

Maybe I will post a few pics of the tools occupying my tool box.

241 - 260 of 491 Posts