Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
A quality penetrating fluid is a must have for those stubborn bolts. Ive tried it all, WD-40, Liquid Wrench, PB blaster, ReleaseAll to name a few. Release All is pretty good, but rather expensive.

My home [garage] made stuff works better than anything else I've tried off the shelf. 1 part atf [cheap no name +3] : 1 part acetone in a dollar store spray bottle. I only mix what I need for the job as the acetone evaporates quickly, however that is what makes it so effective. It pulls the atf into the threads.
This ^^ works well.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
1/2" snap on 50-250 ft lbs click type.

3/8" snap on 10-200 inch pounds click type.

3/8" snap on 5-75 ft lbs click type.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Pata it would be less if a mess if you send me those harnesses. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
at least you got to see that old before picture. I forgot this one was the last latest picture I have. I kind moved some stuff around again. Always move shit around. It's crazy.... And with Carpet :pinch:

No harnesses for you. These will be put away for 5 years. Then I will sell :biggrin:
Sounds alot like what I do. Keep moving shit around. Looks like a mess to others but I know where every thing is.

3 cars in the garage, 2 motors,4 trannys,engine hoist,jack and a shit ton of parts. Looks like a bomb went off. Next time I'm there ill try to get some pics if I remember.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
ah yes, I added a shelf up on top too :biggrin:
That helps a ton for over head storage also!
I gotta do this.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Who would like to see me post how to build a nice big shelf for storage so you guys can see how it gets done for cheap?
Me.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Just got this in. So far looks good. I can't wait to use it. Once the weather brakes I'll be able to try it out.

Milwaukee m12 3/8" impact and 3/8" ratchet.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
2jzdreamin let me know how that 3/8 impact does, my 1/4 hex impact was able to remove suspension bolts underneath the car so i can only imagine what that baby can do. I didn't go for that impact because I got my Snap On. Also let me know what you think about the battery, mine last it for ever.

Seriously guys you should check out Milwaukee M12 and M12 fuel line up or even the M18 Fuel lline up, they are truly awesome.
Will do man. It might be a while till I get to use them or at least till all the snow is gone and it warns up. I did try the impact on a upper coolant housing bolt on a k24 just to see how it worked and it worked pretty good with half battery life. But that's really not much of a test,as that bolt isn't major.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
So I was able to use the Milwaukee m12 3/8" impact on some suspension bolt on a jeep. It took them off no problem with half battery life. I haven't used the m12 3/8" ratchet yet.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The 3/8" impact and the 1/4" hex impact are the same,only thing different is the head. The 3/8" impact all so has the 2 speeds. I use an adapter from 3/8" to 1/4" and put a screw tip in a socket bam turns the 3/8" impact to a impact screw gun.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
With a normal jack if I wanted to lift 4 corners in the air I would have to lift my car 4 times. ( once per corner)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The stock rear tow hook thing put jack under that and both rear wheels lift at same time. Then just up front left and right and car is up. Only lifted 3 times. A 4x4 across the front under the rad support will lift both side at same time.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You are correct about using the rear tow hook. But with my jack (harbor freight light weight) it doesn't lift it very high if I use that location.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think we have the same jack. My car is lowered so that helps some. As long as I can get the tires off that high enough for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.