·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
A quality penetrating fluid is a must have for those stubborn bolts. Ive tried it all, WD-40, Liquid Wrench, PB blaster, ReleaseAll to name a few. Release All is pretty good, but rather expensive.

My home [garage] made stuff works better than anything else I've tried off the shelf. 1 part atf [cheap no name +3] : 1 part acetone in a dollar store spray bottle. I only mix what I need for the job as the acetone evaporates quickly, however that is what makes it so effective. It pulls the atf into the threads. A few squirts of this concoction and a brass punch to loosen up the corrosion has worked every time for me.
i use this stuff called "FREEZE" (i think) with a torch and it works great for frozen bolts were the head would normally break off... :TU:

just click the link...
CRC Freeze Off Super Penetrant - YouTube

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
I tried something similar at work (Chromate product, I think) that I didn't think very highly of. I wound up getting out the regular penetrant, and that finally got it loosened up. Personally, I think it's more of a gimmick.

+1 On the hydraulic crimpers. Also, a good pair of electrical cable shears are a must for clean cuts.
so, you never used it but your saying its a gimmick..?

shit works...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i need to snap some pics for this thread... i may have a mini HF store in the garage lol

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
just picked this up tonight... $199.99 :TU:

with belt clips and handle added

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i bought these for work... i still need the circular saw, sawzall, and multi tool with a 3/8 ratchet head and an impact head, then i will be set...
i have a bunch of 18volt Ryobi tools i use now but Ridgid has a life time guarantee for there tools and batteries... you can return them at any time... Ryobi does not, also, Ridgid makes Ryobi now... :TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
piked this up a lil while ago... just need a sawzall and a couple of more batteries now...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
^^^ right there with ya Bone... :)
bought mine about 4/5 months ago... need to weld up some kind of hose hanger deal...

here's my battery charger also...

Reactions: Pata

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
new addition

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
today i masterfully over engineered a hose rack for my compressor :D
i'm going to add a couple of more bars to the left side and make a lil tray to hold some random tools or whatever... will also add some sort of rubber mat so i dont have to hear them vibrating when the compressor runs :wacko:

i still have to add a couple of bars under the hose rack, triangles = strength...

Reactions: Pata and Fenris

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
just bought this bad boy :TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Harbor Freight...

Life time warranty as well...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
yup... Harbor Freight sells junk as well as good quality tools...
all the hand tools are lifetime warranty which makes even the lesser quality tools good to go...

only real problem i have had with the sockets, the swivel impacts dont like big breaker bars lol but hey, just take it back and they give you a replacement :TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
^^^ great for junkyard trips :TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
that wouldn't be to hard to make...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.