Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from the track and must say it was alot of fun...

Launching an AWD is abit tricky imo though... I ran 8 passes improving the

whole way:D... my worst pass was 60'= 2.236 (pretty shitty imo) and 1/4=

[email protected]:sadface: my best pass being my last i ran a 60'= 2.058

and 1/4= [email protected]:D i was very pleased with this and not bad for a stock 03 wrx imo... I was also

trying to get my launches down and the best way i could figure it is 6500

feathering out the clutch kept me in the 2.0 60' times and was consistant at

doing that... I dropped the clutch a few times and bog city:shocked: also not

good on the wrx trannys i would rather buy a new clutch for 200 bones then

a tranny for thousands or anyways i hear there expensive.

Billy

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i went 6 for 8 tonight, got beat buy a pretty well built srt'4 running slicks running mid 11's and a camaro that was running high 11's, i beat a turbo'd talon, stock srt neon, s10 pickup with mods, older corvette guy didn't know how to drive, a sti again guy didn't know how to drive he ran like a 15.5:shocked:, and a integra with low boost turbo.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also i was reading stock times from 3 differant mags sport compact claims 14.1 1/4 mile... Road and Track claims 14.7 1/4mile... and car and driver claims 14.4 1/4mile so i think i am doing good for being my first time in awd

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is the late night drags 22 bucks gets you in the door to race they will be racing till the weather gets shitty it is most friday nights and saturday nights gates open at 6pm and close at 12 midnight

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
it is the late night drags 22 bucks gets you in the door to race they will be racing till the weather gets shitty it is most friday nights and saturday nights gates open at 6pm and close at 12 midnight
Good god you guys are getting raped on entry fee's. Nice times though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
15.5 in an STI thats laughable...but if you can't drive you can't get the best times. 14.7 is pretty good you'll get 14.4's eventually.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
nice man! especially with it being your first time at the track in it. get that launch down and you'll be gold

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rexinre said:
14.7 is good shit! How does she feel? I want to take mine to the track, but don't want to break it, lol.
she feels great it was such an adrenialine rush, dont drop the clutch and you wont break it imo, right when the tree hits the third amber i slip the clutch till it grabs and i would say i let it out 85% then let it go and stomp on gas and with that turbo spoolin at 6000rpms it sure as hell kicks me back in those comfy seats i was :shocked: next time i get out there my goal is to get my 60' time down to about 1.9 and lower, i am still in unfimiliar territory with the awd but i just say practice practice practice:D

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
hahahaha, reminds me of the video of the guy who drops it at 6k and his tranny just blows right there

1 - 20 of 29 Posts