Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a hard season last year, desided im getting a cam, so i bought a zex 59500 cam... so i took the head off to take a peak at my cylinders after 400+ hp runs.. and here they are...

still looking great... nice cross hatch.. deck surface is great. no detonation marks on the piston tops what so ever..

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also id like to add, those pistons sit hella low below the deck surface... you can def see that.. but thats just a plus, for a car thats not a street car.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah man, and a big thanks to my tuner, which is the key... this car never gets a break... drive hard or go home... at the track that is

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
man it still looks great! hope mine holds up that well

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vitara pistons correct?
you got it man, with standard rods.. scat h beams.. if you ask me, i like having a bit lower comp.. like around 7.5:1 provides a better cusion for error... lowered comp isnt that big of a deal anyways... the lower the comp, the more timing you can run before any detonation... which makes up for not having a higher comp.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Wish my block looks like yours, once I remove the head to put my 59500 on it.

Now, go for the 10´s Brother.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish my block looks like yours, once I remove the head to put my 59500 on it.

Now, go for the 10´s Brother.
hell yeah man.. it shouldnt be a problem.. my tuner acually thinks i can lower my boost, and still hit 10's... he told me to be prepared, from going from a stock cam to the 500 series its going to drive like a totally different car... cant wait.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, my tuner thinks 25psi with the bigger cam will get 10's..

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Dude, you need to double check your valve springs!!! One specifically jumps out at me screaming..."I'm up-side-down!" The more tightly packed coils end goes down, you can thank me later.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah those are still the stock springs... never removed them...

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
what IM is that

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Wow!!! This gives me mass confidence about building a boosted motor. Those walls almost look pristine. Nice job. Not to sound dumb but does your ride see the streets regularly?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts