Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so incase you didnt know i started my car without the dp on and oil started spitting out from the exhaust side of my turbo.

so i was gonna try an oil restrictor to fix the problem, but while i was waiting for stealthmode to ship it i decided to take the turbo apart yesterday.

the compressor side was perfectly dry, no oil at all. but the exhaust side was a little moist. but there is no shaft play, the wheels spin completely freely.

all i need is like a pic of the inside of the exhaust side, so i can see where the seals are supposed to be. my mom has the digi camera right now, but i will prob take pics later today and post em up.

thanx for the help.

matt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha oh yea my bad.

its a Garrett T3 .52/48

they are pretty rare they were supposedly only on the 88-89 volvo 700 series, so it might be pretty hard to find a rebuild kit for it

matt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

so lookin at this pic, on the exhaust side, there are no o-rings or seals or anything? just that piece before #15?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
actually #2 is litte oil rings and seals
if you have blown those by accidentally crimping you return line
it will blow you seals
seen it happen to neighbor

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ isnt that on the compressor side tho?

and my return line was fine with not major kinks or anything. and i never even drove the car yet, just started it a let it idle occasionally.

matt

O

·
0 Posts
ok I'll say this once....

If you cannot put something together the same way you took it appart, Don't take things appart :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ i never took it apart. i just clocked it. and its not very hard to put it "back together" from clockin it. just re-tighten the bolts.

my question is tho, the seals are on the compressor side, so are there any more seals which would cause the exhaust side to leak oil? cuz like i said my compressor side is dry and no oil is leakin, but only the exhaust side was leaking.

matt

O

·
0 Posts
all the seals go in through the compressor side, but if you look at the center bushing, s #1 there re metal seals #2 that keep the oil in. Even though the pic doesn't show it, there may also be a seal on the shaft itse;f near the exhaust blades. (i forget that part as some do and some don't)

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
My 16g was leaking oil on the exhaust side but not on the compressor side.
I put a restrictor in (that I made myself 0.062") and it seems fine now. I've put 150 miles on the car so far and it pulls hard at 8psi and haven't seen anymore oil in the DP.

To make the restrictor:

- I found a brass screw (5mm) which I drilled out the middle at 0.062" (1/16th")
- I tapped the inside of an aluminum AN fitting halfway using the same pitch tap as the brass screw.
- I screwed the brass screw into the tapped aluminum fitting all the way to the end of was was tapped.
- I cut the head off of the screw (flush with the end of the fitting). I filed it smooth and rinsed the fitting with water.

took 20 minutes.

I'm going to get the tune redone at 17-18psi this weekend (I had forgotten to take my large wg spring)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts