Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I have 178,00 on mine, just pulled off the charger and put on a turbo kit. If you don't abuse the engine everyday you should be fine with higher mileage. But if you beat the hell out of it everyday no matter how many mile are on it you'll destroy it.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
yeah it's fine, just wanted a turbo for a while now and finally got a chance to get one. I still have it all at the house. I have a jackson charger, boost upgrade, dc 4-2-1 header, jackson short ram intake tube, all the stuff to install it. If you want more info pm me and we'll talk

B

·
0 Posts
you could do a compression & leakdown test to give you a better idea on the health of your engine.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
BoogieDown said:
you could do a compression & leakdown test to give you a better idea on the health of your engine.
^^yep^^

Milage means nothing to me. As long as you maintained it well with oil changes, timing belt, adjusting valves and all that stuff it should be fine.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vtecduck said:
I have 178,00 on mine, just pulled off the charger and put on a turbo kit. If you don't abuse the engine everyday you should be fine with higher mileage. But if you beat the hell out of it everyday no matter how many mile are on it you'll destroy it.
very true, keep the maintenance down and dont abuse your car I believe bizzar had like 160,000 b4 he started boosting......

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
hey how much for the supercharger?? very interested if you are willing to sell

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
well I have a 96 ex with 115,000 on it, has a new timing belt, water pump, racing radiator, new plugs wires and fuel pump, fuel filter and a lot of other things, so using my greddy kit to start at 6lbs will be no problem at all..... I am also connsidering a set of APR headstuds and a new oil pump and while Im in there replacing the timing belt again, its been about 25k since...... what cha think??

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
skate4life said:
how many miles before you should do a timing belt because my car runs fine but just a ballpark number anyone
usually around 100k I would change it, but the sooner the better, I changed mine around 85k.......

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
acording to helms t-belt and waterpump at 105k, basicly anything you cando to make the engine smooter and more prepared for the added stress of a supercharger. just pick up a helms(best money spent on my car so far) and start doing maintenance, t-belt,water pump, plugs,wires,cap+rotor,mabby the coil, fule filter,fresh coolant(a must with water pump change), a valve adjustment does wonders(.007 of an inch intake and .009 on exhaust is tightest recomended seting I would higly recomend this).

basicly its a balance act, boost adds stress no mater how you look at it. your engine is made to run with a certain amount of strain and stay reliable if you get rid of that strain with fresh parts and higher quality parts it will tolorate the added stress of boost much better and longer

J

·
0 Posts
what do you think is better the turbo or the supercharger? or which would be easier to maintain?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
honestly there is no easy way out with eather, you need to change oil religiusly at 3k(which you should anyway!!!!!) and splugs with every oil change wont hurt, thats like 10 bucks for NGK copper, run 93gas(duh) and keep it well tuned and maintainced remember the factoy manual is no god for maintenance now, I would say whatever they say in the manual cut it in half to be safe, so if it says t-belt and water pump every 100k do it every 50, change coolant more too since it sees much higher heat from the engine do to the turbo, keep your fule system CLEAN, geting a clod in the system is not good. runing lean is biggest cause of death for turbo motor's

·
Registered
446 Posts
yea if you take car of the motor miles on a honda dont mean anything i got my hatch from a senior and he had the same hatch and it had 356k miles befor it went and he loved it so much that he went out and got the same one. then i came across it bought it for 2g's with 80k miles and a truck took my front end off :( but yea juss take care of it. i changed my timing belt and water pump at like 85k miles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts