Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have played TXR, currently I'm playing TXR Zero and TXR 2. Got a CRX in both of them.

Didnt see a general discussion of probably the best racing game series in history.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I beat TXR Zero, about 3/4 of the way through 3, and play Drift2 every now and then for fun.

Zero is one of my favorite games.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Zero took forever to beat lol. Loved these games, just picked one called Import Tuner Challenge for 360, exact same game as Tokyo Extreme Racer but the graphics are way better and the tuning options they changed up a tad. Really fun.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I just played txr zero last weekend...I have sadly never beat it....lost the memory car a gew times....I get bored with it when I just want to race the bosses but they wont race you. I need to do another one of those win the race and leave everything on and tur off the tv and rack up some miles

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
I played the shit out of those games on my dreamcast and them played zero on my ps2. The only game I've ever played that had a Toyota FXGT.........unlocked at the very end and I drove the shit out of that car since I had one in real life. So much fun.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
TXR Zero is the shit! I played the hell out of it. Dont think I ever actually beat it though. I remember not having everything unlocked or something.

TXR3 is alright too. I have it but havent played it too much.

TXRD2 is awesome, physics kinda suck for a drifting game, but its hella fun nonetheless.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zero took forever to beat lol. Loved these games, just picked one called Import Tuner Challenge for 360, exact same game as Tokyo Extreme Racer but the graphics are way better and the tuning options they changed up a tad. Really fun.
The car selection sucks, you cant get an AE86, and the road cars are almost cooler than the ones you can drive (I like being able to get shitty cars in a game)

TXR Zero is the shit! I played the hell out of it. Dont think I ever actually beat it though. I remember not having everything unlocked or something.

TXR3 is alright too. I have it but havent played it too much.

TXRD2 is awesome, physics kinda suck for a drifting game, but its hella fun nonetheless.

I couldnt get into TXRD games, Ill give em another shot. TXR3 was really good though, the car selection although lacking Honda was awesome. First game I ever heard of to have an AW11 MR2, AND a DeTomaso Pantera.

TXRZ Though, is second to Perfect Dark to me for the best game of all time. Anyone ever notice the Chargers that drive around the Yokohane line?

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Yea TXR3 might have been the one with the FXGT in it......I remember it had the Trueno, the MR2 and the FXGT. I think the MR2 might have been the supercharged model but I can't remember. I know that Gran Turismo 2 had a few variants of the AW11.

Edit: It had the 20v models too :)

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Man, I randomly bought txr2 for Dreamcast way back in the day, like 02 or so and loved it. I still have all the ps2 variants, and both drift games. 3 took forever to beat completely! I haven't playedthem in a while.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tbh, I rented TXRZ because they were sold out of GT3 copies at the blockbuster next to my house. You could modify the appearance of the cars and I loved it then I played more of it and now here I am lol 2 EFs, 4 accords, 2 toyotas and a subaru later and i love it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dreamcast had awesome racing games - which is where I played TXR and TXR2 (loved them). Also, F355 Challenge was awesome and brutally realistic.. arcade version was really cool too with 3 monitors...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Dreamcast had awesome racing games - which is where I played TXR and TXR2 (loved them). Also, F355 Challenge was awesome and brutally realistic.. arcade version was really cool too with 3 monitors...
i used to play Rush 2049 on DreamCast :TU:

in fact it's still in the counsel.... i haven't played in years but i need to :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
How did Drift 2 stack up to the rest of them, tbh thats the only one I havent played.
It was pretty much the same but with a MUCH larger map and more cars/enemies. Graphics and gameplay were pretty much the same, but the huge map (you have to unlock portions of it) was great.

·
Registered
276 Posts
THIS IS NOW A DREAMCAST THREAD

i used to play Rush 2049 on DreamCast :TU:

in fact it's still in the counsel.... i haven't played in years but i need to :D
Everyone needs more DC in their life. Here is what's left of my collection (in a box in the basement). Not pictured: about 50 pirated games.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i played zero and three and both drift games, my fav in 3 is a starlet glanza with an inline 6 turbo swap.

ford gt is cool too.

i thought that girl was justin bieber for a second.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts