Skunk2 springs/struts/camber kit
Skunk2 short shifter
poly motor mount inserts
Avid Tq mounts

also go-autoworks 2.5 charge piping

thats at 16 psi
WTF!

oh btw was tuned by Evans Tuning

only thing i can think is maybe something to do with the trans cause i started to loose 4th getting tuned
then on the way home it just about got stuck in 5th.not sure if its related or not

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
wouldnt have anything to do with the tranny. jeff is a great guy and knows his shit... he would be the only one to know why its not making the power that you wanted.. which was??? maybe he kept the tune conservative

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah he is just as baffled as us....and yes he is a great guy! def knows his shit but couldnt fig it out either.....as to y im asking all of you

his last d tune was like 6 month ago

so hes a bit rusty on the d

n i was shootin for 300+

350+ when i cam it but that dont matter now

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
id say upgrade your exhaust..... its soo hard to tell without knowing the complete set-up..

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id say upgrade your exhaust..... its soo hard to tell without knowing the complete set-up..
what ya wanna know?

tuned with s300

b000 case w lsd
4th gear pulls
dunno what else u want

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
switch to a 62mm tb, i dont understand why he would do a 4th gear pull.. plug gap..??? whats the AFR looking like? how much ignition timing??? is the car truely at TDC?? is the air filter on the turbo clogged..??? boost leak..??? do a boost leak test with 20psi thru the turbo inlet and tell me if you have any leaks... any leaks around the wastegate?? manifold to turbo?? manifold to head?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
i call bs your a liar and never built the motor its simply stock and boosted

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
switch to a 62mm tb,
dont have one do you think the t/b would hurt it that much? if so do you think a cam would help remedy that problem?

i dont understand why he would do a 4th gear pull..
tuner pref...he like to put as much of a load on the motor as possible
plug gap..??? iirc its 28 (what the ngkbkre7 come out the box)
whats the AFR looking like? 16.1 cruise, then where it should be

how much ignition timing???
have to look but he played with it added 7 to what he had with these #s and nothing well 2 then 7
is the car truely at TDC??
Yes

is the air filter on the turbo clogged..???

no, we tried pulls w/ and w/o

boost leak..???

if there is its small although we did find the bov flange was warped so we fliped it over and welded it on(was a screw on flange

do a boost leak test with 20psi thru the turbo inlet and tell me if you have any leaks...
will do at my earliest convince have to make one lol home deopt here i come again lol

any leaks around the wastegate??
holds boost great so not of significance but ill take pics in the day light of the w/g mani for ya maybe youll see somethin we missed

manifold to turbo?? manifold to head?

oh also i do have supertech valve springs in it

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
and WTF would that have to do with ne thing?
true you would still be making more then 200 on a stocker :clover:

have you done a compresion test? ring installed wrong? HG leaking and not blown yet??

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true you would still be making more then 200 on a stocker :clover:

have you done a compresion test? ring installed wrong? HG leaking and not blown yet??
compression test as follows

according to Jeff nothing to worry about....my first thought was #2 was way too low

rings are in correct even double cheked em all b4 install
new cometic h/g

no over heating
no oil leaks
all sensors were norm

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
hmmm yeah home depot.. a coupler will make a cheap great boost leak tester.. thats waht i have...

as for the plug gap, when i checked mine out of the box, they were all different gaps. but i dont think thats the problem here... a boost leak will KILL power.. your car will show 16psi on the guage, but its not TRUELY 16psi.. its hard to explain.. it has alot to do with cfms... somewhat like 2 different size turbos on the same boost level, but pushing out different cfm's.. your turbo will work harder with a boost leak to keep the boost where it should be, and it will show that your at 16psi, but your not....
you just need to check for leaks... a small leak will make a big difference when looking for numbers on the dyno... i always like to test mine with at least 5psi over what im running

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
compression test as follows

according to Jeff nothing to worry about....my first thought was #2 was way too low

rings are in correct even double cheked em all b4 install
new cometic h/g

no over heating
no oil leaks
all sensors were norm
should be withing 10% of the two cyl around it, thats a bit on the outer limit but nothing to crazy

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well thats strange. curious to results

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm yeah home depot.. a coupler will make a cheap great boost leak tester.. thats waht i have...

as for the plug gap, when i checked mine out of the box, they were all different gaps. but i dont think thats the problem here... a boost leak will KILL power.. your car will show 16psi on the guage, but its not TRUELY 16psi.. its hard to explain.. it has alot to do with cfms... somewhat like 2 different size turbos on the same boost level, but pushing out different cfm's.. your turbo will work harder with a boost leak to keep the boost where it should be, and it will show that your at 16psi, but your not....
you just need to check for leaks... a small leak will make a big difference when looking for numbers on the dyno... i always like to test mine with at least 5psi over what im running

ok so ill do a boost test when i get a sec to get to home deopt hopefully this weekend....i think if its leaking ne where its at the bov cause the flange was warped, plus it didnt look to be acting as a bov either almost like it was surgeing

1 - 20 of 89 Posts