Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that ive changed my mind for like the 1242342 time about what i want to do, im gonna go ahead and listen to Patrick and boost, as long as i can find a decent 5spd EJ. Question is, VTEC or not. I have both heads, so no issue there and it will be on a Y8 block. Reason i ask here is to see what yall think plus i can probably find, say an LX easier than an EX.

Planned Set-up:
Block
Y8 Block
Vitara's
Eagle Rods
Arp's

VTEC HEAD(Z6)
3 Angle
Crower Turbo Stg.2
Cleaned up ports
Edelbrock Intake

Non VTEC
3 Angle
Bisi Turbo Cam
Cleaned up ports
Edelbrock Intake

Turbo
Autoworks kit with a T3/T4 .50 trim

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
IMO: no need for vtach if ur going to boost it....

just my $.02

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i assume its equivelent to a Y7. Came off an OBDII D16A

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
vtec is highly overrated

and i agree with a previous post...with boost vtec literally doesnt matter except maybe during the tune (ie might make tuning it properly more difficult).

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you already own a vtec head just put it in. If you don't have it than don't waste your money. Everyone have their opinion about vtec and it all depends who you are asking.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a vtec and non vtec head

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
im gonna go ahead and listen to Patrick and boost
who me? :D

non-vtec is a lot of fun, imho. i actually prefer it due to simplicity and mass quantities of cylinder heads. sh!t a y7 head can be had for around $20 in some places (a6 seems to be more, but i don't know why :confused:). add a bisi 1.5 regrind and you will not care thats its not vtec on the intake side.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who me? :D

non-vtec is a lot of fun, imho. i actually prefer it due to simplicity and mass quantities of cylinder heads. sh!t a y7 head can be had for around $20 in some places (a6 seems to be more, but i don't know why :confused:). add a bisi 1.5 regrind and you will not care thats its not vtec on the intake side.
yup you :D just look at my sig. I got they nontec head in my basement and a z6 head in the garage so.... i was leaning toword nonvtec for simplicity and less expensive

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
if you gonna use a no v-tec head i will just take that v-tec head from you then lol im just throwing it out there lol

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
vtec FTW! im just a big fan of vtec and will prolly have nothin but vtec. but i will honestly say since my car is boosted i dont feel vtec kick in anymore but thats expected.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts