Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running 10lbs, 440cc injectors. I probably do need a fuel pump but do I need a bigger fuel rail? I really like the look of the edelbrock b/c of the location of the FPR. I think it looks really nice but I don't want to spend $115 on something I don't need at all. Would it be good to go ahead and upgrade it? And since Im using a y8 IM, I need to get the fuel rail for a 96-00, right?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i dk if you will need a fuel pump for that power level... but you can get a high pressure Walbro 255lph for less that $100, so if you have the cash i say go for it (you will need it down the road if you decide to upgrade)

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. That's what I needed to know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We are currently running an A6/Y8/MiniMe on 440s with the stock pump and rail. Car is doing fine at 10PSI. We will be moving to the low pressure 190lph pump when we up the boost to about 15lbs for the next dyno session. Going to a high pressure pump means a lot of additional work to control it, as it can sometimes push past the stock regulator.

Craig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Going to a high pressure pump means a lot of additional work to control it, as it can sometimes push past the stock regulator.

Craig
See, I was wondering about that. It seems like it's a 50/50 shot as to whether or not the stock FPR will hold up to the 255HP or not. That's what it seems based on all of the reading I have done online. I received the 255HP as a Christmas gift, and I am undecided on getting an aftermarket FPR or not.

Sorry for the somewhat OT, but it's still relevant & may help others as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
See, I was wondering about that. It seems like it's a 50/50 shot as to whether or not the stock FPR will hold up to the 255HP or not. That's what it seems based on all of the reading I have done online. I received the 255HP as a Christmas gift, and I am undecided on getting an aftermarket FPR or not.

Sorry for the somewhat OT, but it's still relevant & may help others as well.
We've had several of the 190 and 255 High Pressure pumps cause leaks and other failures in customer cars. We feel its better to go with the low pressure 190 and 255 pumps, unless you a really doing some agressive fuel management.

Craig

Fuel Regulators, Fuel Pumps, and Fuel Rails at Tuner Toys

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuel rails dont have hp ratings.

with proper tuning (no extreme increase in fuel pressure) the stock d-series rail can flow enough to support power levels that cant be reached by the D.

That's what I've always thought...that the stock rail was fine but I just liked the way to Edelbrock looked and I wasn't 100% sure on it so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts