Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dso! i have a y8 that i have just purchased for cheap.. im going to rebuild it from the ground up, the problem is i was going to go n/a, but i just read some nitrous threads and its sounds pretty sick. i know i dont want to go turbo its just simply too much involved and expensive. i like the idea of boost when need to use it ( like on the track ) but otherwise n/a for realiability and daily driving.. sounds like a good mixture to me lol. can someone tell me what pistons and rods i can use to make this a safe adventure? i want to have ( alot of) fun but i dont want to risk my dd to do it. tips and tricks? part numbers? advice? anything would help really lol

thanks for the future help and responses. will reply asap to any posts.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would never spray on the street..ever.. i dont want to kill myself or sombody else, muchless someones child, i could not live with that on my plate.. it would be for the track only. i like the idea of having the power at my fingertips, but its not constant like a turbo or supercharger. so i could daily it and track it when i wanted to have some fun. can you build the block ect to handle the extra juice but not compromise the ability of the daily? i want it to be able to run a 75 shot w/o having to worry about what its doing to my stock internals.. whats a good piston/rod combo to go with?

·
Registered
157 Posts
i would never spray on the street..ever.. i dont want to kill myself or sombody else, muchless someones child, i could not live with that on my plate.. it would be for the track only. i like the idea of having the power at my fingertips, but its not constant like a turbo or supercharger. so i could daily it and track it when i wanted to have some fun. can you build the block ect to handle the extra juice but not compromise the ability of the daily? i want it to be able to run a 75 shot w/o having to worry about what its doing to my stock internals.. whats a good piston/rod combo to go with?

Spray isn't like fast n the furious, shit doesn't go blurry you won't get pushed into your seat and there will be no diamond plated floor boards flying off or even Danger to manifold

I ran a 75 shot on a 230,000 km old Y7 motor ran about 10-12 10 pound bottles through it and it finally threw a rod at 276,000kms when i was downshifting for a red light lol

Ran it on the street all the time A ton of fun

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
it will be reliable depending on how competent you are.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Get yourself a wet kit and run it at the track. Get something with a window switch so it only sprays in the higher rpm.
And not to much for a build. Just stronger rods and keep the same compression.
The thing that mostly messes up in a Nitrous setup is not having the timing retard enough and burning a cylinder out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know its not like the movies lol stupid paul walker lol. if you retard the timing then wont that mess up the ability to dd it? or just retard it when at the track?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
i know its not like the movies lol stupid paul walker lol. if you retard the timing then wont that mess up the ability to dd it? or just retard it when at the track?
Yes thats one problem of a NOS. And really just only need it when your spraying.

Tune for it and run two tunes with a two-timer.
Yep would work like a charm.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
On my set up I just use an msd digital 6, with that u can have it retard only when it sees 12volts, run that wire right to ur solinoids. That with a dual window switch, on at 4000 off at 7000. Also a WOT switch.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think it may be in my best intrest to just go n/a i was curious about nitrous but it just seems too risky.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
It isn't that risky as long as u run it rich and have all ur safety switches in place.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
Obviously more to it, but that's what search is for!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts