Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much horsepower will a stock d15b7 block hold without sleeving and the crank if it is balanced?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
tweedered said:
How much horsepower will a stock d15b7 block hold without sleeving and the crank if it is balanced?
TURBODEG or something like that (who just had his car stolen) was running 10 untuned and I believe he had a B7.

To answer the title of your thread though....I would not sleeve an engine. Sleeves aren't foolproof yet everyone seems to think they are and it has been proven that stock D and B sleeves will take a lot of abuse. Beyond all of that though D's are cheap. That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
if ur sleeving to make power... just make sure you upgrade those toothpick rods that the motor comes with stock =)

my 2 cents!

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
What's your power goal? If over 300 then consider sleeves. If not don't bother. I regret spending the money on a sleeved block. If I were to redo it, I would have stayed with just pistons/rods.

D series blocks are dirt cheap for the price of 1 sleeved block, you can get 10 stock blocks...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
thank you very much. i've been wondering ablout sleeving. the only problem is that crower rod for a b7 will cost $625-$700. w/ w/o shipping. and thats not including pistions which we know whats the going rate... now i've been told, tried getting custom rods for the b7. and i've called very reputiable rod makers and the going rate for custom rods starts around $800-$1000. they all told me if i'm considering to built the b7 just buy the crower rods, or jump on the z6/a6 block. which the rods are half the price... and yes the whp i'm shooting for is 300+.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for over 300 hp, the rods that I am looking at are eagles rated to 700 hp and the pistons are rated at 900. So with these will the crank hold up and will the sleeves hold up. I am looking for 300 whp too. Remember the crank will be balanced. And the valvetrain that I will be getting is good to 11000 rpm's. Will the sleeves hold that type of rev?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
tweedered said:
I am looking for over 300 hp, the rods that I am looking at are eagles rated to 700 hp and the pistons are rated at 900. So with these will the crank hold up and will the sleeves hold up. I am looking for 300 whp too. Remember the crank will be balanced. And the valvetrain that I will be getting is good to 11000 rpm's. Will the sleeves hold that type of rev?
Just curious what size turbo you will be using if you're revving to 11k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly my goal wasn't to rev to 11,000 the turbo that I curently have is a kkk k26 off of a porsche 944. Which I doubt will even come close to providing the boost I need. It's about equal to a gt25.

S

·
0 Posts
I regret sleeving my block as well. However, if I ever want to go bigger, I could without having to worry about the block. The sleeves I paid for are good up to 40psi, so more than likely I could push well over 500 hp.

-SOHC4life

1 - 10 of 10 Posts