Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Are you implying that there is something wrong with this video other than the ignorant actions of the driver and her children?

Evading arrest, noncompliance, assault, evading again. At what point are the police allowed to respond?

Did you not see minute after minute of senseless bullshit arguing? The officer was EXTREMELY patient with this woman. She should have been forcefully removed after the first evasion, no questions asked but the officer was understanding enough to peacefully talk her out of the vehicle.

Did you not see the son (or young boy, whoever it was) rush the police officer?

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
lol, where do you live?
LAPD dispensed with the 'protect & serve' BS back in the 80's.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
This was wack. I like action movies and I also like real life action. I feel like I got robbed watching this lol.

Now for my thoughts,
The puerque was patient as fuck with this lady. It was natural for the son to get out and protect his momma. Even if you know your blood is wrong, you back them up no matter what. In this case, the kid doesn't know right from wrong but I believe he did the right thing. At least to distract porki from arresting the mom. BUT, when this stupid fucking lady took off for the 2nd time driving like a maniac, she fucked up because she put all them kids in danger. That was retarded. All for what? One hundred some dollars? Dumbass.

And What the fuck is the deal with that other stupid fucken Pig shooting at the van when she took off????! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that!

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this video. He had a taser out at first then drew his weapon. The cop that shot was clearly aiming low for the driver side rear tire but it's not a movie and hitting a moving target 8" wide with a handheld is pretty damn tough. Waste of bandwidth thanks.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Two issues with the video.

1) second officer on scene cursing while giving orders
2) due to the speeds and the driver's actions, the chase should have either been called off or the cops dropped back so as to not force the issue more.

Finally, that bitch is fucking crazy!!!!

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Nothing wrong to me except the cop trying to shoot the tire. First cop was very patient trying to explain everything according to their state laws. He pulled a taser on the kid that rushed him (not a gun, you see him putting it back in his left side while his duty weapon is on the right).

Some counties don't have a no chase policy so they may have been well within their law according to where they are. Saying that, the cop said her license was expired so he was giving her a break. No way to say backing off and find her at the place of residence later would work cause she could have moved(be moving) and the info bad.

EDIT* To be fair three shots is chump change. Glocks hold what, 17? Plus backup mags.

EDIT2* Toaster do you see something wrong with this vid? Just wondering cause of the way you posted. I personally don't have a problem with cops, they get the short end of the stick every way they turn even if they are in the right cause "fuck the police".
I've always been polite and accommodating to the officer's request because for the most part I knew I was in the wrong. He was telling me I was wrong and I had a chance to explain myself later.(speeding mostly)

I am a white male so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but you see it in the vid, she won't even sign a order to pay or appear in court so she pressed the situation.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I think i seen this before.
But im not sure what your trying to say about this video.
the lady was stupid. should of just said ok and took the ticket and never paid or worried about it later.
but no she wanted to run and act a fool.

now the back up cops where kinds crap. I dont believe they had a gun.
I even believe one cops says he has a gun and the other said nah its not.
then they open fire.
Thats kind bad because there was still kids in there and they could of hit them.
They should of aim for the tire and called i a day.

I wouldnt have worried about busting the window out. would of just shot the tire out that way the chase wouldnt be long.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
people = shit, too bad she had kids so the cycle of crazy can continue. Shooting a car full of kids? I guess they could have backed off, but it is hard to let ego go for the sake of what you perceive as a loss. Especially after being provoked. Shitty situation either way, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The way I see it, yeah she didn't follow the "Law"

Another consideration is the genuine fear that police create in people.

Have you considered how quickly this situation escalated with the police officer?

He clearly intimidated that woman and family, hand on the gun the entire time forcing them to make a decision they did not like either of.

How would you expect any other creature to handle the situation.

I would've been fine letting them go 75 in a 60 the whole way.

And then it starts getting really outta hand shots getting fired, peoples lives at risk by these badged criminals for hire.

I am just a little bummed we see these bullies scare people more and more,

Look at this shit,

^Obviously a biased source, but it helps my point,

I just feel like/hope the people of my generation will be a less murders and thefts and more cop-killing/standing up to the man.

Nobody stands up for what they believe in.

Why is everyone such a spineless pussy!

I'm moving into the woods to wrestle bears and sleep with wolves.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Police officers are figures of authority and should be respected as such. I do not see ANY intimidating behavior from the initial officer until the woman took of. He was far more patient and understanding than a majority of officers that I've seen in other police videos.

The lady didn't like the fact that she had to make a decision, so what? He literally spent minutes arguing with her. Tell me Toaster, what would you have suggested that the officer do? He presented her three options to handle the citation, none of which she liked. As an adult you're sometimes faced with hard decisions.

The situation on escalated because the woman refused to make a decision and took off.

" I just feel like/hope the people of my generation will be a less murders and thefts and more cop-killing/standing up to the man."

So you want less murders but in the same sentence say you want more cop killing?

What kind of delusional world do you live in man?

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
It was 75 in a 50 if I heard right.

I've got pulled over plenty and I noticed the cop usually had a hand on his weapon. Didn't think anything of it, he doesn't know the full situation, what you are up to.

Any speeding ticket I've had, I signed saying the officer said I did this here and I will appear in court or pay a penalty by such date. Wrong or right you can choose to make your case as was her decision.

He is not handing down judgment right there but just saying you agree he saw something and you can explain yourself within 30 days.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was sent through many history classes throughout my public schooling that tells us we are supposed to make sure repeated things don't happen again.

Do we forget what happened to Rome? Britain,

I'm saying that this woman was intimidated before anything happen, maybe you guys value it less because it is an ethnic woman.

What about your woman, what right does he have to jerk someone out of their car for such a silly reason to begin with?

There are videos on videos of cops straight up killing, choking, tasing to death people that were later found innocent. I thought deaths might be a little intense for my point.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty, what happened to bearing arms to protect yourself from these goons.

Why does he have the right to pull a gun on my unarmed family to make himself overpowered.

I have a hard time believing no one of you would have very much wanted to draw your gun in return.

Why can a police officer pull a gun and be expected not to fire?

Is he not a hired civilian the same as myself??????

They fire just as much if not more readily than other civilians!!!

They kill people, and they get off with a slap on the wrist because their ass is covered by the Man you support.

How Much Wool do they pull over your eyes before you realize you can't see.?

Seems obvious America is a terrible flopping country, look at it's media, culture, accepted value, youth, even the adults are not even taking responsibility for their offspring.

Police are Authority figures. Since when? Why? Is that still a valid reason in today's society?

I would've called reinforcement and lazily followed her back to her residence and talked to her in person with my hands at my side like an equal figure of authority.

You EARN respect, Cops dont just deserve it. They are a bunch of crooks.

Did you know there are special stickers you can get on your car to say you are a family member so you don't get pulled over?

Corrupt?

I have one.

What do you think about that? Is that something a respectable figure of authority would do? Favor his own kind?

Or is that something an Elitist Club would do?

I'm saying I hope people realize it is not themselves that is the enemy.

People are killing over poor, food, healthcare poor, maybe they should look at the reason for all this, not that they are mad.

Where's your Free Country?

Not Here.

Obviously she was being difficult, I'm not arguing, she shouldn't have pulled away, what I'm trying to show here is how cops react explosively when you aren't doing exactly what they want, like a little kid that throws a tantrum.

Imagine what happens when people don't want to stay inside under Marshall law, or another example of defiance, can we really expect them to be on our side?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Toaster, you are making too many assumptions....and slightly biased.

She wasn't intimidated, she wasn't listening either.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
what I'm trying to show here is how cops react explosively when you aren't doing exactly what they want

Umm yeah? You are supposed to do what they ask period its really quite simple. They say you were speeding, you probably were. They say sign here, sign the f'n thing and be gone. He says stfu and sit still then damnit stfu and sit still. Its easy shit man get it through your thick skull! That's the problem. People have entitlement issues with cops when the simple fact is, people don't f'n listen!

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
I'm saying that this woman was intimidated before anything happen, maybe you guys value it less because it is an ethnic woman.

Ethnic? She was black and that has nothing to do with it. If she was intimidated, it was because of her own preconceived notion of a police officer. The officer did nothing to intimidate her and was incredibly patient.

What about your woman, what right does he have to jerk someone out of their car for such a silly reason to begin with?

You're missing the point. What right does she have to disobey orders and leave during a traffic stop?

YOU are the one with the wool pulled over your eyes. I, by no means, think police officers are perfect or immune from corruption but they are absolutely necessary. This officer was simply doing his job an enforcing a law that is in place to keep drivers safe.

So you think anyone should be able to disobey laws and direct orders from police officers and be free from consequence?

Sure, you can view the shooting officer's actions as excessive and I wouldn't really argue with that but aside from that point, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the actions of the police.

You talk shit about police officers, criticize their actions, and the laws they're enforcing but I'm willing to bet you'd call them without hesitation when you need them

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Just because the presence of the police intimidates you does not mean that you are being intimidated by the police (that they are making a conscious effort to do so). Just throwing that out there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts