Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok sorry if this has been coverd allredy but i was not able to fined anything in surching. i just built a d18y7 and put a6 pistons in it with a y8 head, installed it onto my car and love it but then a full turbo set up fell im my lap yesterday for a mint price. now i want to boost my car but i dont know if i have to much comp. can i still run the turbo on this set up and at what psi would be good? oh and what ecu should i use, i know ill have to turn my 96 hatch to obd1 to run this set up. help please

·
Registered
233 Posts
i wouldn't do it man. It might work but probubly not for long the compession you probuly have to much to make it work. i dont think it would be a good idea just get you some vitaras and call it a day.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
whats your comp ratio now? your margin for error when tuning goes down considerably with higher compression... also what turbo because 8 psi means NOTHING unless you tell us what turbo

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
pretty sure he meant d16y8... and wouldnt it be a y8 head gasket? dont know wft a y9 is lol

as for the ecu, get an obd2a to obd1 ecu jumper harness and use a p28, p08, or vtec enabled p06

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i woulnt do it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it is just a t3 turbo and i think the comp is right around 10.5, i think im going to save the turbo for my b18 build up in my other car. sucks because i realie wanted to use it right now lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i thought it would be risky at that comp thats why i asked, i know a small block 350 can take 8 psi factory and that is with a comp around the ten mark so i thought it would be better off safe asking people who know than being sorry wit a pile of scrap lol

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Would he be straight if he used a small turbo, like a t25 at wastegated at 6pounds? with dsm 440's, fpr, etc chipped and tuned

hint hint lol would my mini me blow it'd be around 10:6
just hope for no boost spikes... lol hope your tuner has skill... it can be done but not easy, but search! theres a guy on here somewhere boosted at i think 10.5:1 but i forgot who...

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
It would be safer to boost with a larger turbo and low pressure than with a smaller one and low pressure, but regardless, psi means nothing, its all about your tune and how much power. In the case of high compression, it better be efficient as hell, with very low intake air temps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts