Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super ultra serious question. Is anyone here spraying any mix of water meth either pre or post turbo and NOT running an IC? Snow performance says on their website under 30 psi your good without an IC but I wanna see some actual test results. I have a snow performance stage 2 kit im going to be using on my rocketship but it isn't currently running so I can't really test this idea. Lmk what ya think!

·
Registered
152 Posts
i would never not run a ic.

if your worried about spool time run an new turbo sized to your motor.

of coarse any big big turbo is going to take a bit to spool on a tiny d series.

stratton.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
spraying straight water is much more efficient in lowering intake temps and controlling detonation than methanol, methanol is useful if you want an additional fuel source with a high octane rating.

I just met with a guy that is spraying meth/water and is getting a 70 degree drop on a non intercooled turbo ls1 bringing his temps down from 200+ to 130ish and this was a fairly large 76mm turbo, your small turbo is going to be pushing ALOT of heat if not properly sized. I was considering doing the same thing, but in the end water cooling was simply too easy to do and much more reliable/easier to tune. Plus you can get that instant throttle response you want out of an air/water setup due to the small amount of piping required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts