Discussion Starter #1
ALrite heres the deal.

D16y8 with greddy T19 turbo kit
FMIC
EMANAGE with Profec e01
BOV
310cc

Heres my questions....

Will i need to rebuild if im looking to run under 8 psi?

If i need to rebuild..should i do pistons, rods, pins and rings)

Would putting a thicker head gasket on be worth the trouble for less denotation?

What do you guys think of emanage with that new controller( profec e01) How tunable is it? Comparable to hondata?

alrite theres a start to my painful questions...Ill let he d series gods take over thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
stealthcivic said:
ALrite heres the deal.

D16y8 with greddy T19 turbo kit
FMIC
EMANAGE with Profec e01
BOV
310cc

Heres my questions....

Will i need to rebuild if im looking to run under 8 psi?

If i need to rebuild..should i do pistons, rods, pins and rings)

Would putting a thicker head gasket on be worth the trouble for less denotation?

What do you guys think of emanage with that new controller( profec e01) How tunable is it? Comparable to hondata?

alrite theres a start to my painful questions...Ill let he d series gods take over thanks!
if you are going to stay under 8psi dont bother with the build...you should be fine on stock internals.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much do you think if i just did it cause i know i wont regret being able to crank the boost up to 12 psi.

for head gasket rods and pistons. Ill do all the work i just need prices?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F-max kit, 12psi, 197whp, stock internals for 2 years no problems except thermostat, kept blowing head gaskets with too cool a stat. I also have a thicker headgasket, takes about an hour to put in on a sohc.

Good luck with your boosting

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, now here is the deal. If you plan on running 8psi your motor should be perfectly fine.
You did not say how many miles you have on the car. If you hve 100,000+ i would recomend changing the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor ect.. this is sort of preventitive maintenece. You dont want something stupid that wore out because of age blow your motor.
IF you keep it around 8psi, you do not need a head gasket. IF you plan on going to 12psi every now and then, i would recomend a head gasket. it is not a necessity, but it will allow more room for error.

The error that i am talking about is in teh tuning. If you get a good ems like emanage, hondata, aem or accel and have it tuned by a pro, you should never have a problem with your setup.

Also a good engine management will allow you to get more power. if tuned properly it will make the motor more effieient because the air fuel will be very close to perfect. This means more power safely.

hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrite thats exactly what im looking for. I think ill run the ol stockies and put a thicker head gasket on. Thanks alot guys. Now i have to find a local tuner. in the Syracuse area!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like other's said, rebuild does not seem necessary. Tuning would probably be a good investment for you, along with replacing wear items on the engine, give it a nice refreshing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't get a thicker head gasket because the low end torque on our honda d-series motors already suck so I wouldn't want to lose any compression. Your stock internals and compression will be fine 8-12 psi with proper fuel management and tuning. I would get larger injectors just to be safe though. 310cc injectors are too small and you will just be maxing them out.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrite so should i just run the stock 5-6 psi for the kit and the 310cc injectors untill i can get it to a place to get all tuned out? Then put some 450's in it and use the profec e-o1 to tune it a local tech?ANd i can boost up to 10 psi with hopefully no problems with good tunning? ( BTW engine only has 30k on it. )

I have a random question...im more mechanical then electonical and i was wondering exactly what they do when they tune your car? I mean i know the mess with all the mapping and fuel but how does it work on the dyno?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
turbowhat said:
F-max kit, 12psi, 197whp, stock internals for 2 years no problems except thermostat, kept blowing head gaskets with too cool a stat. I also have a thicker headgasket, takes about an hour to put in on a sohc.

Good luck with your boosting
way off topic, but how did a thermostat that opens at too cold a temp cause you to blow a hg?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I had an off day when posting up that one. Being off topic and all. I'm not really sure what was up with the thermostat deal, I think it was because it was stuck open, but, who knows. I tried to figure that out over a year ago on this forum, no one had the answers then either!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts