Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I already have a Golden Eagle Blockguard. But it seems alot of people I talk to tells me not to use it and my car is going to overheat.

I want to know from people who HAVE used the GE blockguard, did you have any problems with overheating?

Im doing an Eagle/Vitara build and would like the extra insurance there since Im shooting for at least 400whp.

Just tore down the motor and bringing it to the machine shop soon and would like to know to use it or not.

Mine looks like this..

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
GE BG is the only one I'd ever use. I'm sure 99EJ6T will chime in...he had one in his Y7 and drove that bitch across the country (literally, east coast to west coast) with no issues.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
GE BG is the only one I'd ever use. I'm sure 99EJ6T will chime in...he had one in his Y7 and drove that bitch across the country (literally, east coast to west coast) with no issues.
correct. pics of said block are in my build thread on the first page.

edit:

driven from Virginia Beach, VA to Antioch, CA. highest point was 9k feet.
Well I already have a Golden Eagle Blockguard. But it seems alot of people I talk to tells me not to use it and my car is going to overheat.
and they know nothing.
I want to know from people who HAVE used the GE blockguard, did you have any problems with overheating?
no heating issues, any of the times i have used one from GE.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya i have a bg thats not ge and noo heating issues ect! just make sure to bore/hone cyls after installing it..or then you will have problems with out of round cyls

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ive always heard the same overheating stories, where does this myth come from?
If you use a ''generic/cheat/no name/ obx lol'' block guard with small water hole, and install it flush with the deck, and the hole did not lign up with the water jacket hole in the head, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!
The hotest part of the cylinder is up top( where combustion ocur) Just install the block guard at least 1/2 inch from the deck is a good idea...to let some water around the cylinder up top.

·
Registered
283 Posts
9500 miles on mine with no heat issues at all

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you use a ''generic/cheat/no name/ obx lol'' block guard with small water hole, and install it flush with the deck, and the hole did not lign up with the water jacket hole in the head, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!
The hotest part of the cylinder is up top( where combustion ocur) Just install the block guard at least 1/2 inch from the deck is a good idea...to let some water around the cylinder up top.
dont mean to thread hi-jack but what about KMS block guards??? any one on here running one of these??

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
+1 I think the problems do occur when they are installed flush with the deck. If it's below the deck, then the coolant isn't restricted to just the holes that line up with the head gasket.

dont mean to thread hi-jack but what about KMS block guards??? any one on here running one of these??
I'm using the KMS blockguard, but I modded mine by notching it around the cylinders. (Look at my avatar, you'll see what I mean) I also installed Endyn block posts with it. No issues as of 5000 miles.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i say dont use it save your money..

many many of us make 400whp and don't use any posts block guard of any kind the sleeves are VERY VERY VERY strong in these motors the weak link is the oiling system when built

1 - 18 of 18 Posts