Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Dx Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all who are reading! I went to the track with one of my friends the other day. He has an EJ8 coupe, EX, with a B18B1, GSR transmission, aftermarket clutch, short shifter, I/H/E, and way better tires than I have. I have an EJ6 coupe, DX, with a D16Y7. The only mods are Y8 intake and exhaust manifolds, Injen short ram, and GSR muffler. Stock transmission, clutch, everything. His is a 130k mile swap while mine is the original engine with 260k miles. Our car weight's are too close to matter.

The part I don't understand is where I pulled a car on him :confused: We are both equally skilled drivers and missed no shifts. I figured with everyone's knowledge of D-series engine's you all could give me some insight as to how I beat a car who had just ran even with an EM1. For right now everyone believes my engine has been built up and I want to have some facts that will be able to explain why it isn't. If anyone has answers they would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
987 Posts

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Where did the OP state that its an EM1?

Also. its only a B18B1 = LS motor, its not quick at all.

I have a D16Y7 with basic bolt on, I/H/E with an Si trans with LSD and I pull on an LS all day. LOL
op stated that the other car ran even with a em1. pretty much comparing capabilities to an em1

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
Where did the OP state that its an EM1?

Also. its only a B18B1 = LS motor, its not quick at all.

I have a D16Y7 with basic bolt on, I/H/E with an Si trans with LSD and I pull on an LS all day. LOL
I have a built turbo civic, I pull on everyone all day. :D sorry I like picking on the NA guys.

·
Registered
262 Posts
this is true an ls make only a few more hp then a y7 and if you added the y8 intake and header you probably right there with him I have a friend who beat a gsr ef in a eg coupe with a jdm d15b vtec tuned to 8000 with a cx trans just because the car pulled good and he never had to shift but once all the way to almost 100 mph lol

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
single cam nonvtecs also have a rep for providing a bit more tq if you can shift well enough to keep it in the band. should be a pretty even matchup regardless of D, B...

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
When my friend Dasani had his 99 coupe with high comp LS swap and I still had the stock Y7 with built trans he was never able to beat me even though my 60's were worse. He had more power, I had a little less weight and gearing. This is when I was running the S40 DX 1/2, DOHC ZC 3rd, DX 3rd as 4th and SRR 4.7 FD.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts