Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.

Went to the Twin Lakes Motor Club event this last Saturday and Sunday (August 10th and 11th) in Barrie, Ontario at the Molson Arena. It was also the Canadian Automobile Sports Club - Ontario Region provincial event.

I headed down with my brother who has never been to an autocross event. He was hooked before he even sat in the car.

Ran my 1993 del Sol Si. Stock d16z6 with short-ram, Quaife LSD, brake upgrades and full suspension.

Here is an in car video taken with my iPhone using the Track Addict app. It's the final run of the day (6/6) on August 11th. Ran my best time of 54.88. Not even close to the leaders, but I'm happy with the results so far.

TLMC/CASC-OR Autocross - August 11, 2013 Molson Arena - Barrie - YouTube

Had another video from my GoPro mounted to the passenger side quarter panel but I selected the YouTube upload option to help reduce the shakiness of the video and it distorted it. Looks like a moving Dali paiting... I'll try uploading the original again later.

Still have some practicing to do but overall I'm extremely happy with the setup of the car.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Can't view the video from where I'm at but I'll check it out when I get home! As long as you're having fun that's all that matters. And yes, youtube's shakiness correction looks like drunk vision.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ridiculous amounts of fun.

Started autocross in 2011 mid-season. Missed out on 2012 when I sold my Civic for the del Sol. The del Sol build took longer than expected so starting late this year. Very different from how the '96 Si (EX Coupe) was.

Didn't do terribly. More or less middle of the pack on raw times, class and PAX.

Still learning the car and its characteristics. A few more events and I expect even better results. More to do with the driver than the car!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts