Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michellen xgt these are the worst tires in the world i have them on my car right now and in the snow when i push the gass i was stuck ..(3inces of snow), there terrable in the rain hydroplanes and i lose control over 45mph on the highway pretty good thow in the dry but after about 4 months the tred wore down very much and traction is hard to get so like i said these tires is full of sht

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I recommend Dunlop SP Sport A2 (H-rated) tires for all-weather conditions. They have been on my car for over a year and still work very well. Dry weather traction is excellent (I've yet to find an all-weather tire that matches them), and they don't hydroplane hardly at all (only one time have i made them do it: 60 mph into a 3" deep puddle). Winter traction is so-so; because of the sticky rubber, ice traction is pretty darn good. Snow tho...thats their weak point. Dry stuff, thats fine, but not the heavy slushy crap. The tread isn't very deep like regular snow tires; they will get stuck if one isn't careful. Then again, maybe I'm just being hard on them, driving in *gasp* the Lake Superior snowbelt. I love the handling on these tires, too. The guy i had mount them said the sidewalls were so stiff he had problems getting them on the rims. Word of caution: these grip very well and give wheel hop on stock motor mounts.

Added bonus: they're easy on the pocketbook at under $70 per, at least for 185/65-R14s.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Falken Azenis are the best tire for your money for all but two things:

Snow
Drag Racing

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True! Atzenas are good tires, but nothing beats the old Yokohama AVS intermediates. Ahhh, the good old days of Auto-xing...Till they discontinued them!!! Bastards.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ventus actually makes good tires for the money. great wet traction for those of us in florida

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone used Dunlop LeMans 702? I just bought a set of them for my new mags, and so far I am happy with them, but isnce I only have them for 2 days, I'm not sure how they are in the long run.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
bridgestone potenza re 910. very good in wet conditions. holds corners very well. only sucks in snow. you can get going but the snow gets stuck in the groves and you hit the gas and only spin the tires. like driving on slicks in the snow.

but for performance, they're very good.

I love them. they're so much better than the firestone's. I had a set of dunlop somethings. I can't remember, they were alright, I went through that set in a year. almost a year on these tires and holy shit I can't tell. the tread still looks new.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been running pole positions s02's for two years now..best tire ever. (1955015) Excellant in rain, puddles, ect. Never tried in snow, usually put my stocks on for that...but dry..O damn..VERY nice. But because of the soft compounds just like any other v or up rated tire you have to rotate them Very aggresively to get any kind of life out of them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had Dunlop Sport A2's which I thought were ok, but I liked the Dunlop Sport 9000's that I had before better. I've also owned a set of Toyo Proxes which were on my rims when I bought them from my friend and even though they were almost bald stuck pretty good. Ventus is a good tire for the money. I had one of their H rated directional tires and they did good, but not as good as the 9000's or Proxes. My next set, which I have to buy soon, is going to be a set of Bridgestone Pole Position S-03's.

^^^^I've only had the car for 3 years....damn I kill tires!!!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
anyone heard of wanli? i just bought some of they're tires, i'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had some avon ZZ1's from townfair. They performed very well and were virtually undistructable. The only problem is they were loud as hell!
Then i used the yoko avids, excellent tire for the money quiet and aggressive!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Ok, just got the wanli's on last friday. DAMN, for the money ($73 dollars a pop) they are WELL worth the money. we had a wintery mix hear last night, and the tires did alright for a high performance tire. and from what rain we did have over the past weekend they do ok in the rain.

now for the dry street, they ride MUCH better than the kumho 711, and bfgoodrich euro t/a's. they grip just as good or better than the two others i mentioned. i would just like to recommend these tires as a trial tire for anyone who is looking for a tire that is less than a $100 a pop. they work very well, especially if you live somewhere that doesn't snow much. but so far not many issues with them in a wintry mix. now i can't speak for how well they do in the snow or on ice, haven't got enough snow to make a judgement yet.

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
Im on my second set of my Yokohama Paradas spec-2's.....they kick ass. NO complaining when I throw them around turns, grippy as hell, and excellent wet-weather traction.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts