Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soon i will be getting rid of the 17s and installing some 14s for the rotating mass, but what size tires should i get so the car still looks ok and handles ok too. my car is dropped 2 inchis and i would like to fill the wheel well up. Rep for ideas thanx

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
T1Rs; they're pretty light; 195/55-14s are 16lbs, and pretty grippy. They're popular with the Miata guys. Don't know if you want to run them in this season though.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I would do 205/50/14-15 a maybe a 215, i would chosse the 15 just cause i think the 14 is a lil to small, the 15 is medium and i think the max you would want would be a 16/17.

For the cheapest way to go grab some 14 inch steelies off a n integy. Stock 195/60/14 bummp the tire width to 205 and drop the side wall a lil and presto. Tires are the only expensive parts rims can be yours for a $100-/+

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15 would do just have to see what i can find cheep selling my rims to a friend for 300 and i think i have some wheels off of a 200 sx 14 just need tires, + trying to save money for hondata

·
Registered
81 Posts
15's are the way to go if you're still rocking the 'd'... 205/50-15's are abundent and relatively cheap (as opposed to finding lo/pro 14's) Shoot me a pm about what your condsidering and I can give you some decent cost effective ideas!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Plus 15 probly give you more tire choices, but like i said about the integy steelies or find some 4 lug rims at the scrap yard for cheap, I would just wait a while you are going to sell decent rims and decent tires for rims in need of tires, ? dont make sence, i know you like to help a friend out but see if he cant give you 350 or maybe 400? if the tire on them rims are still good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they are still good its just tha 17s slow the car down and the look of smaller rims and lower ride, it looks a little more racey and also everyone is on 17s around town and i want to loose the trend

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I have some BFG R1's on aftermarket 14x7's. Tires size is 205-55-14 (if i remember right). Lowered at least 2 inches as well... Ran .98Gs on a skidpad and no tire rub; plus it filled in the wells perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts