Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to get new tires for my crx and heres my problem. the car came with falken azenis RT 615 and woudl liek to get another set but they dont realy last long at all. when i had baught soem cheap brand tires it turned out thaatthey scrape in the rear. the ezenis have a rounded sidewall and do not scrape at all. so ive kept a the azenis on the rear and the cheapo tire on the front which ended up baldign out fasr due to alignmnet going out. can anyoen recomend a tire that is similar in shape with a rousnded side wall? mayeb another type of falken tire? a im thinkign of the ziex 512 from the pics i see it loosk a bit rounded off on the sidewall.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rim is 16x7. im not mainly worried about grip just fitment. i just want a tire that doesnt scrape the way the RT 615 doesnt.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
what do you mean rounded sidewall? all tires have a rounded sidewall of some sort. Scraping has to do with how low you are and your camber angles and such.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my azenis rt-615 tires dont rub in the rear, but the nexen n3000 that where in rear rear when i baught them did. the nexen has a real boxy lookign side wall that rubs teh fender and the azenis rt-615 have no scrapage at all. the azenis have a more rounded sidewall that doesnt scrape.

·
Registered
636 Posts
toyo T1R

·
Registered
14 Posts
op, a question.

what is the current size of your 615? 205/40/16?
what is the current size of your NX? 215/45/16?
how low is your car?
are you tucking?

any tire would do. as long as you know what you need. for your size rim you would need something in the 205 range so that the side walls would be rounder. anything wider then that and your looking at a more square side wall.

ether that or just move down to a 15in rim/tire.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
both tires are 205/40-16 im not tucking just not much fender gap. i only had scrapage with the nexen n3000 it actually sliced th enexen up a bit so i put them up front and left the rt615 in the rear. the nexen doesnt scrape up front just in the rear.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It's going to be trial and error for you. Even though your buying the same size tires, all the manufactures have different specs for the size. Hell, I know of some goodyear tires the same size but the tread is wider on one than the other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
both tires are 205/40-16 im not tucking just not much fender gap. i only had scrapage with the nexen n3000 it actually sliced th enexen up a bit so i put them up front and left the rt615 in the rear. the nexen doesnt scrape up front just in the rear.

only thing i can think of is that the side walls on the 615 are really stiff, and that must mean that the nexen side walls must be soft. but even still, you're running a 40 pro. hmm... ever thought about rolling the fender?

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im definately not gettign rid of these rims i liek the way it looks plus im not to crazy about 15's. ill just see what teh tire store has that will work or go with the rt615 if i have to. im just trying to avoid them cause they arent too cheap plus they wear out fast.

·
Registered
01 Gsr And 06 Xrunne
231 Posts
i just put on some kumhos asx 420 thread wear should last u awhile look them up all season tires tho wont compare to azeins

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not realy concerned about tire performance my main issude is how it fits in the rear. ill post up pics so peopel can understant what im getting at

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
roll your fenders

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts