Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Steve (turbogheylude91) said he just unbolted the yoke from the column and then just slid the whole thing through. I am gonna try that.

Does anyone else have any tips on how to get the steering rack off?

Pertinent info:

1989 CRX.
I'm chilly.
I'm frustrated as this is the last thing that has to come off so I can drop the darn subframe.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Too funny Beave!

Was going to comment saying it should just fall out once you remove the bolt. Glad you got it out!

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Yup. Total retard moment. Enjoy it while you can.

And Steve, don't forget who is likely tuning your car. Heh
LOL DSO blackmail...... sorta :3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yup. Total retard moment. Enjoy it while you can.

And Steve, don't forget who is likely tuning your car. Heh
muhahahahahha

LOL DSO blackmail...... sorta :3dbiggrin:
Lol! Yeah. I'm not that serious, though. Both Steve and I know that we need other people to call us out and keep us humble once in a while.
Soo true and makes it a lot more funny. Beave calls me an idiot on a regular bases hahahah

·
Registered
2000 Tundra
153 Posts
My cousin was driving his miata around the block when i went down to GA to visit. He pulls into the driveway and there's a slight bump, steering wheel becomes disconnected from the rack. Whoever put the rack in before him (previous owner) didn't put the bolt in the recess, they just tightened the bottom set of splines of the rod to the top of the rack splines. It's a good thing he hit the bump in the driveway and not on the highway he was about to drive down.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Learning by doing > learning by just reading about it. :)
True, but books are very important, too, I think.

My cousin was driving his miata around the block when i went down to GA to visit. He pulls into the driveway and there's a slight bump, steering wheel becomes disconnected from the rack. Whoever put the rack in before him (previous owner) didn't put the bolt in the recess, they just tightened the bottom set of splines of the rod to the top of the rack splines. It's a good thing he hit the bump in the driveway and not on the highway he was about to drive down.
That's scary.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts

They have a name for that moment....

Oh yeah that is what is called a OH SHIT!!!!!! moment, I experienced a tie rod separation from knuckle in a buddy's driveway and that was exactly what I said. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts