Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought an ex trans thinking mine was a dx. turns out it wasnt but before i put the new one on i realized the one i bought had a lil hole. jb welded it and held, but did not realize and thought it was leaking turns out the axle was not in all the way. so put my stock trans back on. so now i have an ex trans fs.

take off starter, linkage, trans mount, rear t bracket, bout 12 bolts all the way around, axles (drivers is not necessary but helps alot, vss plug, clutch slave cylinder, and that one sensor on the top of the trans.

just get all the bolts and necessary mounts off then wiggle it off and guide it down slow with a jack while holding it on the jack.

a tip locktite the studs on the trans

a tip on taking out those stupid studs on the shifter use vice grips

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

carpet is badass when working under a car

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Oo nice. I love working with rugs to. Brothers garage has a huge rug to lay on when the car is lifted.

And good job with the pictures :TU:

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also got my neogens mounted at work and got 40 lbs of scrap steel

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was wondering how i w2as gonna do it by myself but ended up using my feet to operate the jack

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
So what happens when the tranny WILL NOT come off?? not joking....I went to replace my throwout bearing the other day and got all the way to the point where you "just wiggle it off". Well I went from wiggling....to pulling....to yanking...to cussing..to giving up. I was literally just trying to get it to part from the motor for about 4 hours. And YES all the bolts were out (not my first time doing this). I still have a bad throwout bearing in there and I tries to change it a week ago :(

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what happens when the tranny WILL NOT come off?? not joking....I went to replace my throwout bearing the other day and got all the way to the point where you "just wiggle it off". Well I went from wiggling....to pulling....to yanking...to cussing..to giving up. I was literally just trying to get it to part from the motor for about 4 hours. And YES all the bolts were out (not my first time doing this). I still have a bad throwout bearing in there and I tries to change it a week ago :(
there are bolts on the dust sheild that may have caused a problem did you get the lowest two off those are a bitch with the exhaust in the way

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
there are bolts on the dust sheild that may have caused a problem did you get the lowest two off those are a bitch with the exhaust in the way
yep..got those. I have never had a tranny give me as much trouble as this one. AND to top it off, its only been on there for MAYBE 5 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts