Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
NO.. Leave it @ stock point. dont mess w/ ignition unless you are on dyno.

D

·
0 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
NO.. Leave it @ stock point. dont mess w/ ignition unless you are on dyno.

WTF?? Im thinking if you have a timing gun set your timing. You do not need a dyno to set ignition timing! Cam timing on the other hand is totally different you would be better off to do this on a dyno so you know if your wasting your time or not.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,168 Posts
ok, if u move your cam's timing, the ignition timing will be off due to the cam being in a different position.

if ur moving your cam... retard to move your powerband to higher RPM's, and advance to move it lower.

There is no way to see if your HP is up or down unless you are on a dyno. I just do it to move my powerband up cause i shift at a higher point... thus my powerband holds a little longer up there, and i drop into it a little better as well when i shift.

if u dont change your ignition timing to coinside with cam timing your asking for trouble....

unless you know where your powerband is actually going (i tuned my powerband/timing before with my g-tech before it got stolen) it's best to not go over 1-2 deg off stock cam timing... anything else would be stoopid in my opinion... but you should really get it on a dyno to find out your cam timing's sweet spot for your engine.....

all motors are different, no matter how alike... so every tune is different =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts