Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know there is alot of threads on this site about timing but my question is really bugging me! and making my car not run how it should!!....soo pretty much my problem is... i got the z6 motor but when i got it home some how i lost the whole plastic part that covers the whole timing belt. I was doing the timing belt while teh motor was out of the car! but now that its in the car and some what running. it's just not the same! i pretty much have to give it some gas to get it going and then when it dose fire up it wont idel at all really! unless i rev it alittle soooo my problem here is can i still hook up a timing gun to the motor without the plastic part with the timing marks on it?? or is there anyway of getting around this?...i tryed to find another cover but had no luck!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i dont know how the hell i lost it!...i can maybe get an old one from a junk yard off a d16a6 there probly the same thing as far as timing would go?? a6 to the z6 covers?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, without the plastic covers giving you the TDC reference points I'm not sure how you'd get everything timed up perfectly. You can "old skol" it and drop a long extension or something down cyl #1 and find TDC that way...then kinda "eye-ball" the top. But again, these aren't prefect ways...just something to try out if you feel lucky. LOL

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
go get a cover asap before you catch a rock in your timing belt and have bigger problems than this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts