Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a B7 with an A6 head and y8 cam gear I finished putting it together and got it running this morning. So i let it run for 20 min or so and drove around the block...It felt like the timing was off a little bit so as I was pulling in the driveway it stalled out and would not start back up. I first tried adjusting the distributor than took off the timing belt bought it back to tdc and tried again over and over still nothing. I have good spark to all 4 cylinders and good pressure to the fuel rail. No check engine light. I checked the firing order just to make sure everything looks good I dont understand why it wont run... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I know you have the cam gear dual account n00b, I asked if you had the cam to go with the y8 cam gear.

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
I know you have the cam gear dual account n00b, I asked if you had the cam to go with the y8 cam gear.
My bad I read that wrong and No I dont have the y8 cam It is a stock A6 Head with the Y8 cam gear.
Do I line the y8 gear marks up the same as I would with the A6 cam gear

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I found another link that may even be more helpful to you. No go fix your shyt. I know its a little different then your setup but I think it may lead you to freedom. I am not familiar enough to know what the answer is right off the tope of my head. My guess is others do but may not show up till you get some more trouble shooting under your belt.

Questions on a6 cam in b7 head. - Page 3 - Carolina Hondas

Im out of here.

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
I found another link that may even be more helpful to you. No go fix your shyt. I know its a little different then your setup but I think it may lead you to freedom. I am not familiar enough to know what the answer is right off the tope of my head. My guess is others do but may not show up till you get some more trouble shooting under your belt.

Questions on a6 cam in b7 head. - Page 3 - Carolina Hondas

Im out of here.
Its cool I thanks for the links. I found part of the problem I was setting the Y8 cam gear marks like you would with it on a Y8 head instead of level with the head like on the A6 and B7. I will give it another try and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
civic
8 Posts
Well the timing wasn't the problem, bad rings were the culprit. So I picked up a complete d16z6 with the harness and computer for $300 off craigslist. I took the b7 out today, wired vtec and tomorrow I put the Z6 in. I should have just done this from the start...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts