Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my phone won't allow me to post my ignition maps so I can't post the fun stuff I've been doing with my dual stage nitrous setup on my daily as for the ecu timing control...

And I used to and still do see people posting their own turbo map screen shots but I want to see nitrous timing screen shots....! Ill post mine asap..

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
well hurry up!!

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
please do, that would be nice to see the difference between the turbo n/a and n2o maps.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Generally, N2O maps pull the timing out, and slowly add it back in to gain the mid-range back.
It is true ONLY if you use a single stage with no controler cause the ratio n2o/rpm become leaner as the rpm climb.

I dont think there is a lot of people tuning nitrous via the ecu to be honest! If I'd have a big nitrous kit(4 nozzle wet) I'd buy a timed progressive controler, msd 6 and the msd knob to retard the ignition from the cabin.(separate fuel system too...) So you put the biggest jet you want to run and adjust the timed progressive controler to reach 100% right at the end of the track. That way, the n2o/fuel flow is increasing in each gear as the rpm is climbing! I have to admit it should be easier to adjust the timing via the ecu cause the more n2o, the more timing you need to pull back, but you can go away with the retard knob....
That's my opinion, feel free to correct me if I miss something...

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
This thread might fail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts