Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
take the vc off and you willl see two little holes by each cam gear. move the gears untll the holes in the head alighn with the holes in the cam shaft, then lock them in place with an allen key. re put on your belt ectvand your good to go :) i had the same problem too. i bet your cel is on lol

·
Registered
1988 DX hatch
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
take the vc off and you willl see two little holes by each cam gear. move the gears untll the holes in the head alighn with the holes in the cam shaft, then lock them in place with an allen key. re put on your belt ectvand your good to go :) i had the same problem too. i bet your cel is on lol
I did that when setting the timing. This picture is taken after running it. and the check engine light isnt on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I dont trust the cam gears as much as i do the pilot holes in the cams, they are located under the valve cover on the cam caps closest to the belt.

line up lower pulley--------insert 5.5mm drill bits or whatever in the caps and line up cams......there ya go

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
i have never gotten succuess with the holes... but yes it 2 or 3 teeth off. try putting the cranj at TDC for beter answer mine at TDc when i got it.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I always use the holes and it works perfectly. Just don't forget to remove the drills before you try to turn the cam. Don't ask how I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts