Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the timing belt off without setting it to TDC and i turned the camsaft. What will i have to do to fix the timing?

·
Registered
Duramax
29 Posts
stick a dowel in each of the spark plug holes and get all four pistons to the middle of the cylinders by turning the crank a little forward or backward...carefully. Next
set the cam to tdc. Then set the crank to tdc.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
so the valves dont hit the pistons im assuming or take the cam out then set the crank to tdc there is a mark on the crank gear point it up. then there should be a tick mark on the cam gear at 5 or 7 idk off top. line it up with the mark on the cover on the other side of the cam gear at 5 or 7 oclock. then put timing belt on but i would turn the crank a tad right then put it on and turn crank left till its tight then tighten tensioner bolt. make sure the marks still line up. when the crank pulley is on there should be a 3 marks and 1 mark the one should line up close to 1 oclock i think when you look through the thing that looks like a gun site ont he t belt cover iirc

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Excuse my dumb-ass, but will this method of finding TDC work for most/any D series? Yes I am new... it happens to everyone.

>>Dan

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Rad, thanks. :bigok:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts