Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you guys can tell by pictures, but someone told me my timing belt is bad because there is marks where the teeth are or something? anyways i just had this timing belt put on when i did the swap last febuary....can anyone tell me if it looks bad?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Find out what's causing it to rub. Maybe bad tensioner? Something at the bottom of the timing belt cover?

Technically you'd just check the "teeth" for wear and belt for cracks and such; but I would change that anyways to be on the safe side. Busted timing belt=havoc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know what when the guy did the motor swap, he put on the timing belt and i have a cam gear so he cut out a hole in the timing belt cover do you can see the cam gear. well i thought i heard it rubbing on it so i took it off and left it off, when i took it off thats what i seen is in those pics. so i left the timing belt cover off, and now i hear a little something as almost if its too tight.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No, if its too tight youll have to loosen it. I did this on mine and it looked the same and made a noise.

·
Registered
62 Posts
your theory about the cover fits but it also reminds me of a tensioner trying to seize up on you just like it did on mine, i just replace the belt ,tensioner and water pump and two weeks latter i got a little noise, turned out to be the tensioner was bad

·
Registered
580 Posts
here is my 2c

I buy cam belts with scratch marks on it (came form the store like that). the paint is going to wear anyways are you are spinning it around and the flexing of the belt as it goes around the cam gear.

Here is my current.

D15B

The last one off my D15B3 (pretty new, still usable)

My first replacement after I got the car, but stretched it when it the alternator belt got tangled.

D15B3

The cam belt I too off when I got the car.
D15B3

The cam belt I took off my D15B (originally form japan)
D15B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts