Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didnt come up with any good info, I just built a new motor for my car, consisting of y8 block and z6 yead, i tried using a new y8 timing belt and it is not even close to fitting, it is mush too short. Dose anyone know off hand what belt can be used for this combo. Thank You

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
Ask drunkinmaster1 he is running the same set-up. Well head/block anyway.

Well whatever you do don't use the vx.

I don't know why it wouldn't fit. They are both 104 teeth correct. Are you sure you arn't doing something wrong.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea im sure, you can only put a timing belt on one way. once its over the cam gear and around the waterpump it wont fit over the tensioner. its pretty far off

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes its loose, Their are 104 teeth on the y8 belt. I tried to use a d15b7 belt that had 108 i belive and that belt was too loose. so i am stumped

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought it was the z6 belt on a mini me setup?
Inst there a 106 tooth belt?

This is a belt for a Z6 that I ended up with from a parts store that didnt know there ass from there hands. I wanted a VX vtec-e 103 tooth belt damit...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
oh god, even if i was the man which i'm not, i still could not make this belt fit its so tight. It would take Jesus Christ himself and a team of monkeys working on it overnight to get a y8/z6 belt on this combo. It just not happening. I have run into a alot of issues with this build that i have figured out one way or another, But i will say you can do alot more than you would normally when you have acess to the right tools, and i have been very fortunate with that. Anyway after fitting the b7 belt and seeing it was too long I started to remember that my old motor (d16a6) had like 106 teeth. So i will pick up the a6 belt tomorrow and that should be the awnser.
Its actully not a mini me setup, but the y7/y8 belt SHOULD fit and it dosent, Why I dont know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got if figured ouy thanks man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts